Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dream Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debra

Turns out it's really hard to get a photo!

From one angle, you can see the rings. I'm sure someone smarter than me could take a better shot but I'm not the guy. It's a clear change in the surface sheen, visible from some angles but hard to capture. The other shot is so you can see the color - no difference at all. I'd say the only people that notice are me, my wife, and my unfortunate son who made the first ring with a bottle of Corona w lime!

I think your plan will be fine, but you absolutely want a really good sealer on the white quartzite. A friend had some water stain on a similar setup. It did eventually go away, but the sealer was key.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211223_091851.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1146927 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211223_091916.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1146926

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi @Debra
      We bought for CreateGoodSinks, and I have to say I've been very pleased. The 31" deep sink with single tub has been amazing. It'll take a 3/4 sheet pan flat in the bottom. Their accessory kit was worth every penny. It's currently on sale for $145, which is about what I paid.

This 31" undermount workstation kitchen sink is a single bowl made of 16 gauge stainless steel. It has 1/2" radius corners, an offset seamless drain and ledge for food prep.

The perfect starter bundle made exclusively for our built-in ledge. The ledge accessory package includes: 15" Bamboo Cutting Board [→] 18" Stainless Steel Roll-Mat [→] Stainless Steel Flatware Colander [→] Custom-Fitted Stainless-Steel Grid(s) for Your Sink. ** The roll-mat, cutting board, and colander are interchangea

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      The rack in the bottom of the sink is awesome. You rinse the crud down the sink, even with stuff in it. The roll up drain rack is equally great. It is very infrequent that we end up stacking clean and draining dishes on the counter. The sink with rack is big enough to handle it. We looooove it.

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you find an Elkay made in the US that you liked? I know this was a criteria, and I found it near impossible to find one that we like in the 31" size I needed. CreateGood is a US company that does all the engineering and is based here, but mfg's in Taiwan. Not perfect, but it was the best compromise I could find.

I will be diligent on the sealer.

Comment

It looks like we are finally getting over the testing and quarantine for testing and might be getting back to work today.
      This was definitely not figured into the schedule.
      It does help a bit with delayed delivery of the bath room bits and pieces. It seems that we have a bathtub out on a truck trying to find its way home.

Comment

This is beginning to look like a never ending project.
        Between supply chain issues, and shut downs due to that which will not be named it seems to be dragging on.
        We did manage to replace and replumb the kitchen and installed bottom cabinets last week. And will hopefully get into the cupboards and appliance install soon.
        A few pictures of the painfully slow progress.
        I did include a picture of my trash compactor. The builder says it is the first he has ever installed.
        I have used one for 30 years and would never go without it. But I seldom see them in the model homes we visited.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Debra; January 22, 2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I am VERY happy with the size of the island! I asked for as large as they could build it and it seems they came through very well.
          It will have a top of 6.5 feet by 7.5 feet with counter stool seating for 7 people.
          I did give up a dining table but hopefully the island seating will make up for it.

Comment

• Caffeine88
            Caffeine88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Debra, that's really taking shape! You won't regret the island, I think. Your cabs look really good, and I'm very interested to see the granite make an appearance. Hang in there - it'll get done and you'll love it. We finished ours almost 6 months ago, and we still just stand around and enjoy looking at it every day... 😁😁😁

We are starting our first kitchen remodel process. Yours looks and sounds amazing! It’s stressful picking out appliances, researching counter tops, figuring out if we can knock out that wall, and working around hidden mechanics like the boiler venting.

Comment

• Debra
            Debra commented
            Editing a comment
            Knocking out the wall was the worst step. The remodel company engineered it to the max.
            For me it was the absolute most nerve racking experience.

Top cabinets installed today. I will post pictures tomorrow
          flooring will go into the kitchen, hallway, and living room tomorrow. Bedrooms will be finished next week and then onto the bathroom if they ever find the tub.

Comment

Top cabinets mostly installed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully a better picture?
              Attached Files

Comment

They began laying the LVT an hour ago. It is amazing to watch them install this.
                It is going surprisingly fast.

Comment

• Debra
                  Debra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CandySueQ. We are also using the LVT/P throughout the entire upstairs. All rooms will be the same color which my husband says is boring BUT it will be seamless into all the rooms which he also says will be boring. I think it will be nice for sweeping and mopping. We are considering a robot vacuum/mop but can't decide because the reviews are all over the place on them.

• CandySueQ
                  CandySueQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What pushed me over the edge (and willing to spend the money) is my dog's hair getting statically charged and sticking to the tile floor. I have wood in 2 rooms, terra cotta tile in 3 rooms and white tile in the 3 bathrooms. 7 closets too. Give me BORING! I'm on a concrete slab so all of it will be glued down. I've been packing up stuff, tossing stuff and getting stuff off of floors for 3 weekends now!

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Debra and CandySueQ I am all for the neutral "boring" palette. Know why? You aren’t married to some trendy thing that’s permanent (in that too dang expensive to change it since you just redid the room/house). To me, have a neutral foundation and change an area rug or a pillow or other items.

Just about done. Party this weekend!

Seriously, it's looking nice.

Comment

• Debra
                  Debra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rickgregory I think we are about a month away from the party BUT getting closer any way.
                  I am really happy with the floor color from what they have laid so far.
                  The appliance stack still concerns me but only because I have no idea how it is put together. It did take a lot of prep work the electrical hookups.

Coming along nicely.

Comment

Love the white cabinets. We have LVT in our great room area and LVP throughout the upstairs. Now that our downstairs has a bunch of water damage to repair, we are going LVP throughout the downstairs.

Comment

• Debra
                    Debra commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is amazing that the LVP is waterPROOF now. We will be doing a remodel of the basement in the fall and will use it there also.

Hard to get good pictures of the floor but at least a try. I am very happy with the way the colors come together. It looks nice against the chrome applances, as well as the black island, and white cabinets.
                  I am so anxious for the appliance install.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks good Debra! The grey in the floor will blend in great with your stainless appliances and the white in it, compliments your white cabinets.

Edit: Just saw you said pretty much the same thing.
                    Last edited by Panhead John; January 25, 2022, 08:44 PM.

Looks great Debra Is that a laminate type of floor? Looks very similar to what we used in our living room and hallway. Soon to expand into our bedroom and "front room".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here