Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas MeatUp - Spring Edition Dates Set For April…Yippy Ki Yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in despite the arduous 35 miles of highway I have to drive

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Loren Damn man, you again?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Loren Are you gonna stay at the Rainbow or just come for the get togethers?

• Loren
      Loren commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably just show up for the get togethers.

Though a room for Friday night may just happen...

Here’s a link to The Attendance Roster.

Here is a list of members attending the April 22-24 Meat-Up in Rockdale. I will update as members confirm. Info about the Meat-Up can be found here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...A6yippy-ki-yay (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/member-gatherings/meat-ups-and-member-gatherings-aa/1150508-texas-meatup-spring

Comment

In. Room booked. Coming Thursday.
      I spoke to Joan, the owner. Snagged The Bob Wills Room, couldn’t NOT get it. So, I’ll be the one in the Cain’s Ballroom tee shirt, wearing y’all’s ass out with Bob and Tommy, Asleep at the Wheel, and The Time Jumpers. Can’t wait.
      P.S. After speaking to me, Joan felt that I was just what the group needed, that I would lend class, charm, and a quiet dignity to the gathering.
      P.P.S. I saw the hateful, hurtful comment you made in another post. You know who you are. I’ll put it this way—my plates come with me.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        "Class, charm and a quiet dignity"? That’s what I’m there for.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Soonerpop Will you be by yourself or have a companion?

• Soonerpop
        Soonerpop commented
        Editing a comment
        Not born here, but have lived most of my adult life here. And besides, Bob had most of his success in Oklahoma and California, so it all kind of melts together. And my offerings can include about anything any of those groups have ever recorded. Aaa-haaa

And if you pick up any of the traits or just mention my name to your probation officer, you just might be able to ditch that ankle monitor early. I’m betting on you.

+1 Probably my wife, but maybe my son.

See y’all down the road in April.

Rilly workin hard on gittin there,y'all....
      Apparently, I has a room waitin...

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure hope to see you there, amigo!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones……👍
        Last edited by Panhead John; January 3, 2022, 01:22 AM.

• Soonerpop
        Soonerpop commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be great! Come ahead on!

I don't think I'll be going this year, guys... Maybe if it was a bit closer to Austin. I was way to disappointed w/Snows to make that trek again.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        McRibs might be back on Limited Time, by April...

Be Great to have ya there, if ya can make it!

I'm hopin we'uns can, from up way yonder, hereabouts...

Son seems totally amenable, an we both desparately need a break from here, long overdue, even afore these troubled times...

Question: Ain't nobody gonna git mad at me, rough me up none, if'n I brangs me a guitfiddle, or two, right?

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, Bonesy … you just brightened my day considerably! Won’t anybody be getting mad at you or your guitar … although you might get roughed up just a little what with all the hand shakin’ and all.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones I’ll have you know that I’m the only one who can call Jim White Jimbo. That’s my special pet name for him.

• Soonerpop
        Soonerpop commented
        Editing a comment
        Since I’m in the Bob Wills room, can you do some Eldon Shamblin style with my recorded music? He was great, with Bob since the ‘30’s.

Jus was lookin, Barksdale is ~ roughly only 2.5 from where I call home, but it makes me havedta think times...

I don't drink when I drive, especial Innerstate, through other Territories, an such...

Don't want my Son to be stuck th whole time, as Designated Driver, neither...even though he don't drank, none...

Jus might have to either drive me a good patch, an then let him, or reverse, or gummies...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 23, 2022, 01:04 PM. Reason: removed redundant makes me...

Comment

We plan on arrivin sometime Thursday, y'all...

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait Bonzey, been wayyyyyyy too long brother !!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Well sheeit, done deal! Gonna hug a fellow Bone-man, it'll be worth the drive.
          CaptainMike You drivin alla th way from Jefferson???

Lookin forward to me a Big Ol Hug, from' Th Hambone', Brother!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          That I am, Bones! My LSG pellet pooper will hopefully be ready for pick up around that time. Plus, I'm going to tool around the south a bit to sight see and visit various friends thereabouts. I will probably have my 5 month old heeler pup with me so it'll be a boy and is dog kind of a thing. Well, without all of the crazy stuff of the book/movie.
          Last edited by CaptainMike; January 25, 2022, 04:46 PM.

Gonna be in Austin this weekend to do some recon.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Be sure to try and check out Interstellar, Texas Monthly #2 pick for Top 50. I plan to go in April for sure.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that one is on the list. The pork ribs are supposed to be.....shall I say......steller! Troutman

• Soonerpop
          Soonerpop commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you wouldn’t, but you probably will.

Here are 10 barbecue joints within a one to one and a half hour drive time from Rockdale. All ten are on the current Texas Monthly Top 50 barbecue joints listing including #2, 5, 7, and 9. I thought I'd publish this so you can pre-plan where you might want to go during the Meat-Up. Personally I'll be camped out in South Austin with a side trip to Intersellar's !!

If you can't find excellent Texas BBQ in this area then you might want to check your pulse, you're probably dead

Click image for larger version  Name:	Austin Area BBQ Map.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.4 KB ID:	1165668
        Last edited by Troutman; January 26, 2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Unless we can come up with a solution, it's lookin ominously like my Son an me won't be able to attend, due to pet care needs...

Comment

Due to a Conundrum, not too terribly sure we will be able to attend.

Seems Like Jesse has a dog, an I have a cat, neither of which is allowed at Rockdale...

I totally unnerstand their position, an respeck their choice...Peace

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            58limited Good idea, hey Bonesy, you open to that?

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            I haz a sad.

• Soonerpop
            Soonerpop commented
            Editing a comment
            As, man, sorry to hear that. There’s a little time, so let’s hope it works out…some how.

I might as well chime in too. Seems the wife's niece's wedding that was planned for August has now been moved up to April so I'm afraid I have to cancel/postpone this go around. I've heard the womenfolk talking about having to let her wedding gown out a little, whatever the hell that means.....

I plan on attending in the Fall if it's all a go.

Comment

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            Now I haz two sads.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry too, Jim. This was/is going to be a great meat up.

• Soonerpop
            Soonerpop commented
            Editing a comment
            Another Aw, man. Sorry to hear it, hope you can make it next time.

Uh oh. Mr. Bones CaptainMike you’re putting my travel plans at risk.
          Last edited by MBMorgan; February 13, 2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, brother, I have to ensure domestic tranquility.

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike - Trust me. I fully understand. I’ve spent the past few weeks ensuring the same here.

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the Meat Up after all. It definitely stays on my bucket list, I just won't make this one.

The good news is that I just canceled the Executive King #31 at Rainbow Courts so if anyone wants it for the Meat Up, call them tonight!

Hope everyone going has a really good time.

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry you can't make it. Maybe the next MeatUp in the fall.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Jim, plan for the Fall. Collette and I will definitely be there

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope to see you in the fall!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here