Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas MeatUp - Spring Edition Dates Set For April…Yippy Ki Yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas MeatUp - Spring Edition Dates Set For April…Yippy Ki Yay!

Howdy everyone! (official Texan talk) Well, our Spring MeatUp dates and information are set. After conferring with my Board of Directors for the MeatUp we’ve decided on Friday April 22 thru Sunday April 24 for our semi annual MeatUp. It will once again be held in Rockdale, Tex. at The Rainbow Courts. By now, many of you are familiar with the place and location, but here’s the scoop for anyone who might not know.

Rockdale, Tex. is located about one hour east of Austin. It’s close to many highly regarded BBQ spots, including the world famous Snow’s BBQ. Most of the nearby locations are included in Texas Monthly Magazine’s…Top 50 In Texas..list. We’ll be staying at The Rainbow Courts in Rockdale, a truly wonderful place with well appointed rooms and beautiful, spacious grounds. And the room rates are a great value for the accommodations. One excellent BBQ place is right down the street from The Rainbow, Brett’s Backyard BBQ. They made the Texas Monthly list as well.

I’ve booked my room for Thursday thru Sunday if anyone wants to come a day early…and experience an extra day of bullshit and lies 😂. Troutman, Captain Mike and a few others will be there then also. I’ve blocked us off a set of 10 additional rooms which will be reserved for Amazing Ribs Pit Members. The rates for those rooms range from $60. per night to $90. per night. You may ask for a larger or more expensive room than those if you wish. They’ll accommodate you if available. I suggest booking your room ASAP before they’re gone. If for any reason you need to cancel, you can cancel your reservation up to 2 days before your planned check in date, with no charges.

Friday night we have a Happy Hour get together from 5-7 on the grounds of The Rainbow. These are always fun and a good time to meet everyone and socialize. Remember that spouses or a +1 are always welcome and encouraged. All the wives last time mentioned what a great time they had. There’s a couple of great restaurants right down the street for us to have dinner Friday night. One is an excellent Mexican restaurant and the other serves great steaks and seafood. These MeatUps are always relaxed, no pressure to eat somewhere you might not want to. But wherever you choose, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

RAINBOW COURTS CONTACT INFORMATION

One thing worth mentioning, please call the Rainbow Courts directly to book your room. Do not use a 3rd party site like Experion etc. They have to pay them a hefty fee for using them. This is a small Mom and Pop operation here. Also, you’ll pay more for using a third party site. Also, please don’t use the Rainbow Courts website to book your room. Calling them directly will insure you get up to date info. on room availability. Their number is 512-446-2361. After you hear the recorded message, dial 0 and someone will answer to help. TO VIEW THE RAINBOW COURT’S ROOMS AND MORE INFORMATION …click here. www.rainbowcourts.com Thanks guys and I really look forward to meeting more new people this time around.

EDIT: TELL THEM YOU’RE WITH THE AMAZING RIBS GROUP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 29, 2021, 09:51 AM.

So used an abused folks ain't welcome ???

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You would probably be hoisted on our shoulders if you made it Bonzey!!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fer th Kind Invite, Brother, it wouldn't take yall too awful much hoistin, an mebbe even only one shoulder.

TX is way more logistically approachable than Memphis is, as I don't havedta deal with many hominids on most of th way there...10 hours flat, to Camp County, where I lived, ridin within ± 5 mph of posted...one can make some Rilly Good time, on th Indian Nations Turnpike, but ya gotsta stop frequently, an cough up some cash...WORTH IT!!!

Reckon another 2-4 hours to Rockdale...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 28, 2021, 08:05 PM.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      April, huh? Lemme talk to Jesse, he was purty interested in doin Memphis, but, like me, TX is Familar country to us...Been There, Lived There, Loved It!!!

Whoo hooo it’s on again !!! I’m personally looking at some Austin venues this season but lots of choices. And just to reiterate what John said, if you are planning to come reserve a spot at the ‘Bow now. You can always cancel later.

Spinaker do I hear you dialing your phone???

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee No he didn’t. He would always take the team bus to away games. He was always afraid of flying.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee You know, it’s only 1,325 miles to Rockdale….a quick 20 hour and 17 minute drive!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John That's a pretty big trip! I was willing to do Memphis, but doublin' that trip? I seen your group's liquor supply and not a bottle of EH Taylor to be seen! Food looked great though.

I just can't resist, I'm reserving my room! Damn, I'm a sucker for Texas, Texas BBQ, and Texans in general!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike What days is your room booked for? Several of us will be there Thursday thru Sunday.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      At least those days, John. I might stay one or another on either end. I haven't fully penciled out my trip.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I booked Wed 4/20 - Mon 4/25. Hoping to p/u my LSG pellet pooper right after.

BTW, how's the CenTex weather in April?

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluebonnets should be in full bloom!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow, CandySueQ I didn't think about that. I'm going to be driving all over Texas so that should be really nice to see.

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluebonnet’s are probably done that late in April, but there’s a few hundred other things that come after them. Something will be blooming on the sides of the roads, have to wait until we see what the weather is like in March to say what it will be.

klflowers Jfrosty27 Soonerpop Loren texastweeter Texas Larry Beefchop MBMorgan Who else am I missing, help me out here Troutman
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 28, 2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      ME, you forgot ME. How could you do this to ME? Unreal. Thank god for @Troutman

LOL

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker Please go up and read my comment, 3.1 Nobody forgot you my friend!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, oh, look at that. These are minor details............

I am planning to book a room today!

Comment

Something I forgot to mention, while all the rooms are nice and a good deal, a few people have mentioned the $60. rooms were just a tad small…..Something to consider if you haven’t booked a room yet.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait.......I thought everything was bigger in Texas?!?

Ha, I routinely sleep in the bed of my pick up while camping. I am good with small rooms.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok Spinaker Book ya one then!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Does they offer foxholes, or mebbe even luxury pup tents ?

I am down. My brother lives in Austin, maybe I can wrangle him up too! This will be a great time! Thanks for the invite from my Texas Brothers and Sisters. It will be an honor to break brisket with all of you!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, he will be down for that. Panhead John Looking forward to hanging out!

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic!!!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        +1….!

Just so everyone knows, this invitation to attend is open to all our Pit Brothers and Sisters, Moderators and Meathead. It was definitely unfortunate the Meat Up in Memphis was cancelled. I know there were lots of disappointed people who spent a lot of time and energy making plans. As a possible consolation prize…anyone that would like to attend our Texas Hoe Down…come on down! We’ll leave the light on fer ya.
      Last edited by Panhead John; December 29, 2021, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        LFG!!!!!

Always something. This time my daughter is due to have my 3rd grandchild in March, in San Diego. My plan right now is to take 3 weeks off and drive the RV out there. I won’t be able to do that and attend the meat up. One of these days though, god willing and the creek don’t rise…

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a good chance I'll be in San Diego in March. I'd be happy to buy you a celebratory drink if it works out.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, you are just one disappointment after another, you really need to think about your priorities and what's important. You know I'm kidding, brother, hopefully next time. Congratulations on g-baby III.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Jim White I'll let you know when I am going to be there

Okay, just booked our room. We'll book the flights in a week or two.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright Jimbo! Glad to see ya coming! (Disregard my last PM, just now saw this)

The room is booked!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        LA Pork Butt You bringing someone…son and/or wife?

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John I’ll be with one or the other.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        This is getting gooder and gooder by the minute!

I'm in! Apparently there's lots of booking happening at the Rainbow Court right now.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        And even more gooder!!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding !!! True Pit royalty has arrived !!!!!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow!
        I'm rilly gonna havedta mind my mouth, then!!!

OK everyone, I'm going to get an attendance roster/head count together. If you are bringing a spouse/friend/significant other please let me know so we can get an approximate count. I know rooms at the Rainbow Courts are going fast so be sure to book ASAP.

Last edited by 58limited; December 29, 2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Solo, unless I pick up some interesting hitchhiker.
        Last edited by CaptainMike; December 29, 2021, 04:10 PM.

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be there and with ol' what's her name.................

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here