Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinaker Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the additional job. Sounds like needed more to keep you busy.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Just to establish a kinship of the frigid--I spent my junior high and high school years in the UP of Michigan (in the 60s)--not far from Lake Superior. I remember -20°F as VERY common (-40°F at least once each winter) and 250 plus inches of snow every winter. Skeeters like crazy all summer long. Rumor was they cross-bred with the grouse. I laugh at people who qualify their low temperatures by saying "with the wind chill". Pasties and skiing were the good things. Well, that and growing up in the "boonies" where I could be gone all day and Mom didn't need to worry at all! (Little did she know!)

I enjoy the high desert of the GREAT Southwest! LOL You are young--maybe one day you'll find comfort in the Great SW!
    Last edited by Willy; April 1, 2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the South West. A buddy of mine got hitched down there. I took a few days, rented a car and cruised all over the SW. Beautiful place. Although the UP is gorgeous as well. Can you say lake effect snow?

Great bio. Congrats on your position as moderator. Always enjoy you posts/pics and learning from your pitmaster skills. Other than komado brands your cooker arsenal is the same as mine. You're posts/pics are a big reason that my not resisting MCS will cause me to be sleeping on the couch for a few nights soon. Haha!!! KBQ on its way brother.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! We are gonna have many more KBQ cooks to post in the future! I am excited for you to get that baby rolling.

Nice to get to know you BBQ brother. Wow only 32? At your age I was still partying and going to nightclubs. Of course I'm over that now. Nice hobby scuba diving - as a kid I used to love snorkeling. Exploring the bottom of the sea ( not too deep of course. ) Maybe I can make time for a new hobby?

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
      Steve Vojtek commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed the GBR is a beautiful gift from nature. Maybe one day I'll see you there? (Under water)

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing would make me more happy. I might actually stay down there!! Steve Vojtek Down under I mean!

• Steve Vojtek
      Steve Vojtek commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a bad place to be...gets a bit hot in summer but no snow in winter.(except for some mountains)

It is always nice to learn a little bit more about someone you are interested in. Great new avatar as we cal clearly see the man behind the legend.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha I don't know about legend.

So John, I have to ask how you chose the handle of Spinaker? I did not read about a passion for sailing in your bio....

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I have never sailed in my life. But the name comes from a character in Tom Clancy's novels. He is the backdoor connection inside the Kremlin. He, Jack Ryan and James Greiier "keep the back channels open" to avert total nuclear war between the US and Russia. I chose it as an online alias years ago and just stuck with it.

Thanks for the interesting Bio. Lots of common interests.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on man!

Congratulations J.R., your going to make a great moderator! Your comments on how AmazingRibs and all the great folks on these forums have made such a positive impact is spot on! Since joining I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge listening and asking questions. Not to mention discovering the KBQ. You have been one of my favorite "commentators", great to see it will continue that way!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the kinds words JGrana. I am happy to help in any way I can. I look forward to hanging out for a long time!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here