Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Project

I've been wanting to get a new offset for a while, (I used to have a very, very crappy Brinkmann offset which rusted to death about 2 years ago), but shipping something that large and heavy down to where I live, plus taxes and all expenses, is prohibitively expensive for me right now. So after much research and with some help from some very talented people, I'm undertaking a project to turn this old 60 gallon propane tank into an offset smoker! I don't know anything about welding or metalwork, but am getting help from some great people, and thankfully the relatively cheap cost of labor down here means this will be an affordable project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tanque.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	387283

So far, we've removed all valves, and it has been filled with water, soap and bleach for about 3 days. Next week we're removing the paint and all external protuberances and starting work on the firebox.

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Comment

I will be following this thread with keen interest!

Comment

I also will be following this thread

Comment

Following this one. It will be cool to see this develop. Henrik maybe able to offer some advise.

Comment

• gijsveltman
            gijsveltman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I remember seeing a thread by Henrik about an offset he was building, but couldn't find it.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Search for "Rude Boy". Should get you near it.

I love these projects! Good luck and I'm excited to see the outcome.

Comment

We await the finished product and the finished cook.

Comment

Not to promote another forum but the guys at smokerbuilder are pretty good with these projects. Also have calculators for the firebox and chimney

Comment

• gijsveltman
                gijsveltman commented
                Editing a comment
                Tons of good material over there! Those calculators are what I'm basing my firebox/chimney and other measures! Thanks!

Following this one! LOVE a good build thread! THANK YOU!

Comment

Supercool! I'm following this too! The tank you found looks great, can't wait to see what you make of it. gijsveltman, here's the original thread.

Comment

• gijsveltman
                  gijsveltman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I'll pore over it this weekend!

Best of luck on this journey! Definitely following this so keep posting on this thread. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Comment

I love this kind of stuff and will also be followin' your progress.

Comment

This will be fun!

Comment

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here