Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weberkettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an SnS Kettle and have problems with the finish on the lid. Paint got discolored around the vent on first 2 hr cook and now the finish inside the lid has bubbled.

Two emails to company have been ignored.

It cooks fine but I wish I had bought a Weber.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Clark That’s hard to believe cause they usually have excellent customer service. The owner of SNS is a member here but I can’t remember his name. I’m sure if he knew about this he’d try to make you happy. Maybe someone else here can tell you how to contact him. Huskee ?

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish Dave - I think they're looking for ya!

You can cook just about anything on a Kettle and there are a ton of accessories available to help. But the SnS kettle is the same size and will take most of the accessories, so that could also be an option for you.

Comment

I was in exactly your situation (had the same 3 cookers) and had to "justify" to myself and my wife that it would be a good addition. I didn't know how right I was until I got one. Just wish I got the 26" instead of the 22" (which is about the same price as the PBC when adding the highly recommended Slow'N Sear) for the added real estate. But the 22 has many more add-ons so it was the way I went. I now want just 1 more: either the Summit Charcoal or the Summit Kamado. So I recommend one. Different flavor profile than the PBC.

Comment

If you get a kettle, get a table built for it!

Comment

If you get it... the accessories will come.

Comment

I have a line up like yours along with both a 22” & 26” kettle. I would say 85% of the time I use one of those kettles for both hot and fast & low and slow cooks. My 26” is my work horse and gets the majority of the cooking. Once you learn how to use these kettles, you’ll figure out they are one of the most versatile cookers on the market.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. This! My 26 is amazing! It’s a chicken guru too! Will also hold a giant brisket etc.. yes sir!

Kettles is so versatile, always good to have in one's arsenal...

Wide availability of accessories further serve to broaden that versatility....

Kinda fond of em, my dang ol self...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 6, 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Bonsey is so kettle that he accessorizes his kettles with other kettles.

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey, Mr. Bones is a role model for certain!

• bardsleyque
              bardsleyque commented
              Editing a comment
              Bones... have you used a kettle yet?

Yep, you gotta have a kettle. If you only have one cooker, it will do about anything you want to try. Very versatile as @Mr.Bones said above. The Performer with the drop-down shelf is nice, gives some counter space, but folds down for storage. Good luck.

Comment

Pellet grill, Pellet grill, and I suggest a pellet grill.
              Happy grilling to you!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                No beverage?

Run, do not walk, to a kettle. I just picked up a 22” Weber.... in Cubs blue (or dodger blue, if you will). I love it! I abused my old grill (char broil barrel shape) and knew it was time to replace. The Weber will grill and smoke very well!

Click image for larger version

Name:	48C9C3F2-754E-47A1-9B0D-FF6F1631A35F.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	986024

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                I can definitely see Wrigley Field when I look at that beauty!

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                That is way clean. Time to load it up.

• Razor
                Razor commented
                Editing a comment
                What ever you do never buy one in Pirates black. Just as your steaks are ready it will give them away to the neighbors for some cheap, no name, hotdogs. 😖

Nah, get a lava lamp, then sit in yer room & contemplate yer navel.
              Welcome, eat good somehow, maybe on a kettle & have fun!

Comment

• RustyHaines
                RustyHaines commented
                Editing a comment
                FireMan do you to mean be omphaloskeptic ?

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah Rusty, navel gazing.

Weber kettles are the greatest thing since indoor plumbing!

Comment

I have a 26 and a 22. Just ordered a vortex and have the SNS. I'm looking at a rotisserie as well.
                If I only had one kettle I'd want it to be the 26!

Comment

Pretty much what everyone has already said. Accessories are endless. Mine are both modded with fan control that is the true set and forget with exact precision.

Comment

There is nothing in the market that is more versatile than a Weber 22.5” Kettle. Just do a search on the internet for the number of accessories available for it. Just this weekend alone I used my rotisserie to cook a chicken, my GrillGrates to cook shrimp. And used the snake method to make baked beans. Three completely different styles, one grill.

The only accessory I needed to buy to do this was the rotisserie. I didn’t need the GrillGrates, but they are a great convenience. I don’t need a SnS and will never own one, because you can easily do 6+ hour smokes on the kettle without one. Anything longer than that and I use my WSM. (For the few extra dollars I saw it more worth my while to buy another cooker than just that one accessory.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here