Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at a Used Performer wondering if decent deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a Used Performer wondering if decent deal

I found this used Performer on Facebook Market Place a couple of days ago. Looks pretty good to me but would like other opinions. He will meet me half way so I would only have a 120 mile round trip in my pickup. I don't have to steal it to be happy, but I want a decent deal at the same time. Looks to me about all it needs is a new grate. Comments Please! Going to look at it Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...04807737768782

Do it - I just messaged you on Facebook....

Wish it was the deluxe model with the propane burner, and I am not a fan of the Weber gourmet bbq grate, but you will replace it with a stainless grate eventually, anyway. I haven’t seen a full size performer that low in a while. It’s half the price of new and looks to be in good shape.
    Last edited by jfmorris; December 12, 2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim! I may have messaged you twice on FB, not sure and if I did I apologize. Sent one yesterday, then could not find it this morning, so I sent another. I definitely wanted your thoughts as I know you have years of experience with your. Will go to read your response on FB right now!

I paid that for one just like it in the spring of this year BUT without the cover. Love having it. I added a Vortex and it has become my chicken machine. I say scoop it up.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comments!

Tom, I have a few kettles, an such; such is widely known...we could safely say

If I saw that deal on my local classifieds / CL / social what th effever...

It'd be all kinda settin on my porch, beggin fer some brisket lol!

>>(Much nicer Weber than I've ever owned, or even fondled, there, to th big box store(s)<<
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 12, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bones! I think you are correct.

If it is the one with the metal table, I would go for it. I might ask if he would lower the price a little, maybe 20 or so, for gas money.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair point....

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Thunder77. It is the one with the metal table. No gas assist but I won't miss what I never had. He is firm on the price. He already chipped in gas money by driving 65 miles round trip to meet me half way.

Edit: Actually he is driving around 130 miles round trip, as am I. Approx. 260 miles from Dallas, GA to Bham, AL.
      Last edited by Alabama Smoke; December 12, 2020, 10:08 AM.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can never go wrong with the performer. Although I had the one with the plastic table, which I had to repair, I still loved it.

Yes, that is definitely a fair price for this grill. Quite honestly, even the grate is fine, just needs a little scrubbing and maybe a little oven cleaner to shine it up. I had a green one just like it. You won't regret it!
    Last edited by Steve R.; December 12, 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Y'all are making my decision easy!

Comment

I scored an older one for $150 but it was pretty beat up and I had to replace the fire and cooking grates. $200 seems fair for that one.

Comment

So, what’s cookin on it today?

Comment

I bought two this way. Go, go, go!

Comment

Do it!

Comment

Make an offer of cash money

Comment

I love my Performer and that one looks to be in great shape. It now sells for $400 without a cover - very good deal.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Word!

Heck yes go for it.

Comment

A fair price (less than 50% of new price) for what looks to be a Performer with scant use. Appears the charcoal grate, seen through the top grate, is still looking shiny new!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.

Grilla Proves That Good Things Come In Small Packages

The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint of the Grilla Pellet Smoker makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, including on a condo patio. Click here for our review on this unique smoker.

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Couple that with high standards of design and workmanship and it’s a “must own.” Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review.