Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at a Used Performer wondering if decent deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a Used Performer wondering if decent deal

I found this used Performer on Facebook Market Place a couple of days ago. Looks pretty good to me but would like other opinions. He will meet me half way so I would only have a 120 mile round trip in my pickup. I don't have to steal it to be happy, but I want a decent deal at the same time. Looks to me about all it needs is a new grate. Comments Please! Going to look at it Monday.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Do it - I just messaged you on Facebook....

Wish it was the deluxe model with the propane burner, and I am not a fan of the Weber gourmet bbq grate, but you will replace it with a stainless grate eventually, anyway. I haven’t seen a full size performer that low in a while. It’s half the price of new and looks to be in good shape.
    Last edited by jfmorris; December 12, 2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim! I may have messaged you twice on FB, not sure and if I did I apologize. Sent one yesterday, then could not find it this morning, so I sent another. I definitely wanted your thoughts as I know you have years of experience with your. Will go to read your response on FB right now!

I paid that for one just like it in the spring of this year BUT without the cover. Love having it. I added a Vortex and it has become my chicken machine. I say scoop it up.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comments!

Tom, I have a few kettles, an such; such is widely known...we could safely say

If I saw that deal on my local classifieds / CL / social what th effever...

It'd be all kinda settin on my porch, beggin fer some brisket lol!

>>(Much nicer Weber than I've ever owned, or even fondled, there, to th big box store(s)<<
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 12, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bones! I think you are correct.

If it is the one with the metal table, I would go for it. I might ask if he would lower the price a little, maybe 20 or so, for gas money.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair point....

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Thunder77. It is the one with the metal table. No gas assist but I won't miss what I never had. He is firm on the price. He already chipped in gas money by driving 65 miles round trip to meet me half way.

Edit: Actually he is driving around 130 miles round trip, as am I. Approx. 260 miles from Dallas, GA to Bham, AL.
      Last edited by Alabama Smoke; December 12, 2020, 10:08 AM.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can never go wrong with the performer. Although I had the one with the plastic table, which I had to repair, I still loved it.

Yes, that is definitely a fair price for this grill. Quite honestly, even the grate is fine, just needs a little scrubbing and maybe a little oven cleaner to shine it up. I had a green one just like it. You won't regret it!
    Last edited by Steve R.; December 12, 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Y'all are making my decision easy!

Comment

I scored an older one for $150 but it was pretty beat up and I had to replace the fire and cooking grates. $200 seems fair for that one.

Comment

So, what’s cookin on it today?

Comment

I bought two this way. Go, go, go!

Comment

Do it!

Comment

Make an offer of cash money

Comment

I love my Performer and that one looks to be in great shape. It now sells for $400 without a cover - very good deal.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Word!

Heck yes go for it.

Comment

A fair price (less than 50% of new price) for what looks to be a Performer with scant use. Appears the charcoal grate, seen through the top grate, is still looking shiny new!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here