Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a stab at a DIY 26" Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks good enough to make Weber take notice! Nice Job!

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      My Santa Wish every year !

Wow, amazing job. Very clean and simple. gearing up to make a table for my 26 as well.

Comment

Looks great Steve!

Here's a question. Does the 26" kettle have the hanging hook on the inside of the lid that the older kettle lids have, so that you can hook it onto the edge of the kettle? If so, you just need a loop of some sort to hang the lid on off the edge of the table, and not the entire holder mechanism.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be a pretty easy add though!!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Dadof3Illinois it would be hard to add that hook inside the lid without drilling holes to bolt it on somehow - the one inside the lid of the 22" kettles is welded onto the inside of the lid.

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris we drill holes in our kettles for everything else....why not a hook?

Well done!

Comment

I'm really more of a leg man, but damn that looks great!!!!

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          When it comes to Weber grills, 4 legs beats 3 every single day.

I saw those tables as well but as you said they are too narrow to drop the lid with the usual hanger. I went with an even wider steel table that I’ll have to maintain.
        you can probably still mount the lid holder on the end instead of the kettle, as mentioned above. I should have considered that.
        jigsaw with a few fine tooth metal blades and it’s not too bad....
        I also cut a hole on the opposite end to drop in my wok burner when needed and a cover/plug for when it’s not. Not sure I’d call that a deluxe because I’m wary of lighting a chimney on my nice burner.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would imagine that if the 26” really came as a performer deluxe from Weber it would have a more serious following.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Polarbear777 I just emailed SNS and asked them if they had any plans to manufacture 26". The answer: No.

Great work, keeping it simple. I really like the SS top.

Comment

Very nice. You seein’ this, Weber?

Comment

Wowza. Nice job!

Kathryn

Comment

Sorry just now caught this. Great work. That big lid is a challenge. I like using the wire holder and bracket idea but the hinge may be the easier solution. Either way you have a nice rig !!

Comment

Wow! All ya need is a sink & ya have a kitchen! 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
                    I have had nothing but trouble with the leg sockets coming loose at the welds, even with the replacement bowl I received less than a year ago. I thought about getting another replacement bowl, but I'm done drilling holes for the probe port and fan controller. And I have been wanting a Performer-style cart for awhile now, so this nudged me to finally get it done. Bye, wobbly legs! 😃

I had a bunch of Humana Go365 bucks burning a hole in my pocket, so this stainless steel food prep table with optional casters from Amazon was basically free. Then I just needed two carbide jigsaw blades to cut a hole in the table top, and some Unknown BBQ table brackets to mount the bowl. The legs were too close together to allow me to have part of the grill hanging out from the end of the table, so I don't have the use of the lid holder for now. Last step is to actually bolt the mounting brackets to the table, but here is what I have so far:

Click image for larger version Name:	20210418_200156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.00 MB ID:	1019691
                    Click image for larger version Name:	20210418_200234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.80 MB ID:	1019692Click image for larger version Name:	20210418_191002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	1019693
                    do you drill in to the kettle also..to attache the brackets

Comment

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I attached the brackets to the kettle first, then set it in the hole to find the locations for the holes.

• Dr. Pepper
                      Dr. Pepper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is there any problem with heat being transmitted from the kettle to the table?

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dr. Pepper, heat has not been an issue at all. It gets warm, but not too hot to hold my hand on it.

Outstanding!!

Comment

I can’t seem to find that table on Amazon. Can you send a link please? It’s exactly what I need. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here