Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS in Reverse: If You Could Only Have One Cooker, Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I already have. Weber Kettle with SnS. But I might get a 26 instead of a 22.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170729_190740.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	549814

I'd keep this one. 😁

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! Reminds me of John 21:9 "When they landed, they saw a charcoal fire there with fish on it, and some bread." #JesusCookingFish

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

I’ll keep my BGE. I can think of others that could fit the bill of only one cooker, but I am content. I know contentment is not good for the economy.

Comment

This is my first post so here goes.

My 19" Komodo Kamado is definitely the most versatile. Does a good job with everything. Of course the rotisserie and Hot/Cold Smoker accessories would have to be included.

Since I own 4 kamados it's only natural for one of them to be my one and only. I sure would miss the fun factor of my Konro grill and WFO if I had to give them up.

​​​​​

Comment

If I can figure out how to amp up the smoke flavor on my Rec-Tec, I'd choose that. Otherwise, I'd stick with my WSM.

Comment

• bten
            bten commented
            Editing a comment
            try running the first hour or so at 190 to 210 degrees. There is usually more smoke at the lower temps.

• Bumby
            Bumby commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you - I keep meaning to try that...

My KK Big Bad 32" wins hands down. My KK Ultimate 23" is a close second.

Comment

I’ve have given this a lot of thought only one it would be

. My ugly drum smoker with proper set up it would do everything
            Attached Files

Comment

I have only cooked on Weber kettles and my WSM (and several dozen really cheap grills), so I would have to stick with my WSM. I have a new 22"kettle with a SNS that I haven't used yet, so it may become my favorite soon.

Comment

After years of cooking on various sized Webers, I acquired a Primo. While I use both, The Primo would be my choice for one and only.

Comment

I'd weld/bolt my PBC and Weber 22" together.

Comment

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's the kind of thinking this country needs more of.

My 22" Copper Kettle.

Comment

Still thinking on this thread. It’s still my ugly drum smoker then my pellet grill then my SNS 22 kettle gasser. Which ones do I use the most kettle pellet gasser then ugly drum smoker and I use my flat top 5 6 times a week. But I could do it all on my ugly drum smoker.

Comment

If it has to be a grill I already own, my Weber 26 with SnS and Vortex.

Comment

My Hasty-Bake Gourmet .... it's big, it can do low and slow, medium heat for yardbird and really high, direct heat for steaks and such. It's a do everything cooker, for sure. And will last a lifetime with good maintenance.

Comment

• Cheef
                          Cheef commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I sure wish you hadn't posted this!!
                          Hasty Bake is definitely on my list.
                          Just biding my time and trying to figure out an excuse to get one.

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cheef - maybe you'll win this month. After all the curse is broken!

I would probably pick my Ranch Kettle over all my other kettles and my PK. It is big enough to cook up a ton of food, holds very even temperatures, has plenty of room for two zone cooking, and with enough charcoal you can get it hot enough for fast cooks as well. Just need to justify the SNS for it now. Maybe if I sell some of my other grills??? Nah, probably not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here