Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS in Reverse: If You Could Only Have One Cooker, Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pk360. I can do anything on it that fits and it’s the most stable for temps and probably most durable.

Comment

Main, tough call!
      Might surprise yall, but:
      Reckon my Weber 26/SnS, close race with my Kingsford 24...

Comment

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we are brothers from another Mother. I agree 100%. The Weber 26 is an amazing tool. And I had the Kingsford. I donated it to my son but unfortunately a really bad wind took it off their raised deck and it didn't survive. It was a really good unit considering it was a cheap model.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup !

Uh....... No. Need my cookers.

But if I really had to. My LoneStar Grillz.

Comment

I would have to say the BGE. It is the most versatile and the rig I use the most. Although I don't think I could go on without the KBQ.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I can definitely relate, OmegaDog12 !

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          👊🏻 OmegaDog12

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep the BGE for sure. Close second would be the PK360.
          My absolute first to go and be gone would be my Memphis Pro. An expensive step into pellet poopers, and a lesson learned.

One pit...man, that's tough. I guess I would go Jambo stickburner smoker!

Then I'd grill burgers/steaks/etc. on a grate over the firepit!

Comment

Performer and the SNS with griddle/drip pan. There is nothing that I cannot do on that combination and it is the lazy mans grill, I don’t even have to set down my bourbon to fill the chimney, turn on the gas and hit the igniter. Finish my bourbon, dump the coals and off to the races.

Comment

My Delta Heat Gas Grill. I can do almost anything on it with a smoker tube. If I could only have one, that would be it.

Comment

Tough question. Love all my cookers, however, I’d go with my Yoder YS-640. Get the smoke and direct grilling. Can even put a griddle over top of opened diffuser plate.

That said, I do love all of my cookers.

Comment

Blasphemy, I know ... but I’d have to say my Weber EP-330 with the Baking Steel griddle ... but I’d try real hard to sneak in a Grilla Grilla Pellet pooper into an unnoticed corner of the deck.

Comment

I would definitely keep my Primo XL. But I'm glad I don't have to make that choice. I use both my Weber 26 and JJ, the Weber Spirit, and the Primo all the time.

At the cabin the Weber 22 would be the one.

Comment

It would be my Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! oops, wrong thread

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope because you'd shoot your eye out

• smokenoob
                      smokenoob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is that you dad?

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      See he can't even tell who it is! He already shot his eye out!

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                    The K750HS Hybrid Freestanding Grill with Sideburner. Period.
                    by Kalamazoo Grills.
                    I’ve asked my wife and daughters for this very grill for the past 10+ fathers days. I am still waiting...

Comment

• lostclusters
                      lostclusters commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It must be time to take matters in to your own hands!

I'm actually in cooker reduction mode! Still haven't counted in a while...so, here's my current list

Rolling Cookers
                    Woodmaster Mini Hog
                    Jambo J-3 with pellet fire
                    Yoder Cimarron Pellet

Large BGE
                    Grilla
                    MAK 2 star
                    Green Mountain Daniel Boone with pizza oven attachment
                    Duchess (pre PK)
                    large Gateway Drum
                    small Gateway Drum
                    Smokey Joe
                    Jumbo Joe
                    Weber Smoky Mountain 14.5
                    Weber Smoky Mountain 22.5
                    Hasty Bake (old "portable" model I don't think they make anymore)
                    Traeger 22 mag (this should just be tossed -- missing hardware and it wasn't much account when solid)
                    Cobb portable grill
                    Hot Box portable grill
                    FEC100

3 Weber Kettles on the back porch at work
                    Two Trees double metal wall mini-kamado

This is a hard exercise for me obviously! For household use, the BGE or WSM would be the most flexible, but I use the Grilla ALL THE TIME!!!

Of my rolling stock, the Yoder is my favorite.

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cooker reduction? Yeah sure!

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In an earlier post, I mentioned that I had an obsession with cookers. Man was I wrong...

Super tough call...but with a super busy family, I’d have to go with my MAK pellet grill.

Comment

Easy, my Performer with the SNS. Not much I can't do on it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here