Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Most Used Cooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, this was an interesting thread. I’ve done what you plan on, Troutman , which is to sell off less used grills. So my list has changed in the last month. I’d say I have a 60/40 split between my PK TX and my own brand of stick burner. Real nice to have a backyard size stick burner I can move around, but the PK is a killer steak/sear machine.

Comment

Definitely my Performer with all the fixins'. Just the wife and I now and there's nothing it can't do. Especially with a Fireboard/fan.

Next would probably be the Blackstone.

I love the 26", but it only gets used when I need/want the space.

Gasser only gets used for searing or quick cooks like hot dogs and veggies.

I only use the PBC when I just want to do something different.

The PKGO is new and has only been used for quick cooks when I want the charcoal flavor.

Comment

In order
        1) Weber Kettle
        2) Large BGE
        3) Weber Q Gasser
        4) Electric Smoker Cabinet Style
        5) Weber Silver A ancient gasser that doesn’t work.

The BGE used to be my go-to, but I figured that it was so easy to control temp (and therefore make great food) that I needed to use my Kettle more. The BGE is still the go to for low and slow, but I am working on my Kettle skills, because I can’t be hapless without my BGE now can I. The Q gets the quick burgers/hot dog treatment in the summer. The electric smoker is on the list to remind me to sell it... and I haven’t managed to find time to replace the burners in the Silver A to get it running, maybe I should go do that now!

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I reconditioned my 2002 Weber Genesis Silver A a couple of years go, including outfitting it with a full set of Grillgrates - those made it like a new grill! Last May I moved it to my youngest daughter's house after she got married, with a new cover and all. I do not believe they have grilled a SINGLE time, so I am tempted to repossess it and give to someone who will use it, haha...

• jhoskins
          jhoskins commented
          Editing a comment
          Go repo it! I’m just not sure if I should go re-condition it right now, since I basically never use gassers

Sadly, on my recent move from Florida to Tennessee, we had a truck too full for my 26” kettle so I only moved my SnS Kamado and Weber kettle. The kettle was damaged badly in the move so I replaced it with the SnS Kettle and a 36” Blackstone. Currently the Blackstone is used the most, then the kettle and then the kamado.

Comment

It's a tie between the
          1. Fast Eddy's PG 1000 (used to be the CC DLX with sear burner) and the Weber 22.
          2. The PBC
          3. In the winter months the Humphrey's Pint gets the call

Comment

Man that PG1000 is a pretty sweet rig !! I would have to consider living in the thing !!

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Where you’re at the PG500 would probably work just at well for 40% less money. Pretty much the same cooker without being insulated and a different door design.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              No really not in the market for a pellet, my Pitts & Spitts will suffice once I correct the motor problem.

Far and away, my 33 year old FireMagic built-in gas grill is my most used. It still gets used 2-3 times a week, so that's something between 3500 and 5000 cooks over its life.

Click image for larger version  Name:	close2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.6 KB ID:	1014503

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Geeze John you're outdoor kitchen looks better than my indoor kitchen

• johnec00
              johnec00 commented
              Editing a comment
              Troutman - It looks better than my indoor kitchen too.

I’ve got more grills than I care to admit, but have had the following in the rotation the past year, so this is my ranking of use:
            1. Large Big Green Egg (25%)
            2. Traeger Pro 22 (20%)
            3. Weber Summit 460 Gas (20%)
            4. PK 360 (15%)
            5. Humphrey’s Pint Cabinet (5%)
            6. Texas Original Pit Offset (5%)
            7. Weber Q (5%)
            8. Weber Jumbo Joe (5%)

Comment

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for sharing. You might need an intervention. I grew up in Passaic. You, anywhere near that? Was 60's/ early 70's for me.

My lineup is as follows:
            1). 26" Kettle with fan and fireboard controller
            2). 22" Kettle
            3). Pit Barrel Cooker
            4). Camp Chef 3 burner stove with griddle
            5). Smoke Vault (gas)
            6). Weber gasser

My 26" gets used every week and depending on what I'm cooking the others fall in line.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              PBC.....#3?

• Dadof3Illinois
              Dadof3Illinois commented
              Editing a comment
              @ HawkerXP ...HA...yea but hey, it's above all the gassers....LOL. I love my PBC, but not a fan for using it on smaller shorter cooks or for grilling.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree....But......you know they are coming out with a larger version.........

My wife is embarrassed for me to say how many pits I own. In terms of cooking events, this one gets a lot of use in the winter, early spring and late fall.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Will you please stop showing that thing???????????

I would say overall, it is my Big Green Egg. However, from just a smoking standpoint.....I would say the KBQ. It still cranks out the best BBQ I make.

Comment

For me my Blackstone gets the most work, followed closely by the PBC. The other cookers have specific tasks that i will use them for like my old electric masterbuilt smoker i use for things that i want to hold to a lower temp than i can maintain on the PBC, like smoking bacon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here