Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy Brand Briquets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Brand Briquets

Not the abominable lump from Cowboy Brand …. Their briquets are pretty darn good, actually. Had a long cook today on the SNS Kettle/Insert. Filled the insert full, pulled out 15 briquets and lit them in a small chimney. They were good and hot in about 10-12 minutes. Added them back to the SNS and let it come up to temp (250’ish is where I like it). Ran that from 4:30 AM until 11:00 AM, about 3/4 of the briquets were consumed, so I refilled. That ran at 250’ish until about 2:00 PM when I pulled the meat off. About 1/3 of the insert’s charcoal was consumed.

All in all, they burned as hot as Kingsford Pro, but much slower …. Probably would have used 1.5 inserts worth of KP to get the same temp and time.

Definitely recommend.

I wish I could find these but no luck. I see that damn Cowboy lump all the time though.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not buy the Cowboy lump. It’s utter shite

I love the cowboy briqs. Took a chance on them last fall when they were on clearance at costco. Had I known I w er would like them so much, I would have bought all they had...
    14 lb bags are currently available at Tractor supply for 8.99. Just ordered 10 bags..will pick up later this week.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the cowboy briq’s are awesome … burn clean, and hot, and long. Really amazed

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I know. Just lamenting the lack of good Cowboy stuff.

Yep, love the stuff!

Comment

I shall add them to the list. I went to one of the 2 Aces near my house and was quite auto yet the lack of charcoal options they had. Thanks!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        My local hardware store carries Cowboy Brand briq’s. During the worst of the lockdowns, when I couldn’t find anything else, I discovered these.

Burgers and dogs on the kettle using the vortex as my hot zone. Full chimney of coals...
      3 hours after lighting and temps still running 350ish...
      love these briqs.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_195452.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1229190 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_195500.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1229191

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        They are pretty damn awesome

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here