Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

BBQ Stars

SPOTLIGHT

Some Of Our Favorite
Tools And Toys

These are not ads. These are products we love and highly recommend. Click here to read more about our medals and what they mean.

Placeholder

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here for more info on the Maverick PT-55 Waterproof Instant-Read Thermometer Review shown above. It may be the best value in a thermometer out there

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet's Dual Tube Burners

the good one grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King's proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read our complete review

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill

The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with an offset smoke chamber attached. It is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

Griddle And Deep Fryer All In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all. Plus it has a built in cutting board, garbage bag holder, and paper towel holder. An additional work table on the left side provides plenty of counter space.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers in the hardware stores because temperature control is so much easier. Best of all, it is only 9 delivered to your door!

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Swiss Army Knife Of Thermometers

Placeholder

The smart folks at ThermoWorks have finally done it: The Swiss Army Knife of thermometers, two in one. Start with the industry standard food thermometer, the Thermapen MK4, (Platinum Medal winner) truly instant (2 to 3 seconds) precise (+ or – 0.7°F). Then they built in an infrared thermometer ideal for measuring the temps of pizza stones, griddles, and frying pans (also great for finding leaks around doors and windows in your house).

Click here to read our test results and comprehensive review and why it won our Platinum Medal.

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Placeholder

Char-Broil's Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you're off to the party! Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill

Their NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Placeholder

G&F Suede Welder's Gloves

Heat Resistant Gloves With Extra Long Sleeves Hold The Hot Stuff

If you're using oven mitts at the grill, it's time to trade up. Say hello to these suede welder's gloves. They're heat resistant enough to handle hot grill grates, and flexible enough to handle tongs. The extra long sleeves even let you reach deep into the firebox to move hot logs without getting burned. Our Fave.

Click here to read our detailed review

Click here to order from Amazon

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, keep small foods from committing suicide, kill hotspots, are easier to clean, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily removed and moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke to whatever is above. Every gas grill needs them.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

kareubequ bbq smoker

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker

The First Propane Smoker With A Thermostat Makes This Baby Foolproof

Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Professional Steakhouse Knife Set

masterbuilt gas smoker

Our founder, Meathead, wanted the same steak knives used by steakhouses such as Peter Luger, Smith & Wollensky, Morton's, Kobe Club, Palm, and many others. So he located the manufacturer and had them stamp our name on some. They boast pointed, temper-ground, serrated, high-carbon stainless-steel, half-tang blades with excellent cutting edge ability. The beefy hardwood handle provides a comfortable grip secured by three hefty rivets. He has machine washed his more than 100 times. They have never rusted and they stay shiny without polishing. Please note that we do not make, sell, or distribute these knives, they just engrave them with our name.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

PK 360 grill

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Beautifully designed and completely portable. Meathead says it is his preferrred grill.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order it direct from PK and get a special deal for AmazingRibs.com readers only

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

fireboard bbq thermometer

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
See more
See less

Beware Of The Marketers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ComfortablyNumb
    Club Member
    • May 2017
    • Northeast Washington
    • KBQ C-60
      PK360
      Thermoworks Smoke
      Thermoworks Thermopop
      Thermoworks Dot

Top | #61
    More links:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...l-agriculture/

https://risk-monger.com/2016/04/13/t...ganic-farming/

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Liked the scientifc american article. I knew joe rosen from my time at rutgers before he retired. It is sad that organic, like pretty much anything that has an ever evolving regulated definition, is such crap. Short of buying local and knowing your growers, there really isnt much you can do.
      Last edited by grantgallagher; March 22nd, 2019, 09:18 PM.

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      That SA article is killer. I'll get to the other one tomorrow. Beddy bye time.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      grantgallagher I had to re-read for the Rosen reference. Clicked on the rebuttal link, just as informative. https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ythsrevisited/
  • Murdy
    Club Member
    • May 2018
    • North-Central Illinois

Top | #62
    The stricter oversight comment was more a question than a proposal. It seems to me that you are suggesting that we simply should throw up our hands and accept the Big Ag status quo. Organic is flawed (a proposition with which I agree) and the only safe alternative is impractical (limiting all purchases to a local farmer you know and trust). Whether it be stricter oversight or some other changes, I would not be willing to abandon the organic movement at this early stage.

I read Pollan's book too, and the part I think relevant is big ag lobbying over the food pyramid and (I believe it was in Pollan's book) the lobbying around the Generally Recognized as Safe designation to food additives. There's a lot of industry interference in attempts to ensure what we consume is safe taken in the name of profit, and those folks don't have our best interests at heart. There's plenty wrong with the conventional food chain. It is efficient and cheap, both important values, but not the only ones. I think it important to try to develop a real alternative.

As the Scientific American article points out in the beginning, criticism of how organic is regulated is not the same thing as criticizing organic itself.
    Last edited by Murdy; March 23rd, 2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      Club Member
      • May 2017
      • Northeast Washington
      • KBQ C-60
        PK360
        Thermoworks Smoke
        Thermoworks Thermopop
        Thermoworks Dot

Top | #63
      Murdy Well, if I were to suggest anything, it would be to throw up our hands and accept we live in a broken system, one broken by mankind and unsolvable by mankind. All we can do is to muddle through it as best we can until the day we die. The only hope for a solution would depend on your point of view, if it is Intelligent Design, the Creator will step in and fix it, if it is Evolution, hope the next step in the process will be capable of fixing it.

Personally, the key points from the SA article was first praising organic methods such as avoiding monocropping and crop rotations (although not totally true, I have neighbours who grow only organic garlic and have on the same plot of ground for over 15 years) and soil building. However that was tempered at the end with the criticism of it 'all or nothing'. The proposal 'the ideal future will merge conventional and organic methods' might be a step in the right direction.

However, it is NOT impractical to grow your own food or purchase from a local farmer. Actually, it was the only way for centuries. This probably comes as a surprise to many young people today, but we didn't always have a Walmart in every town, or an internet that could deliver food from all over the world, not to mention the trucks, airplanes, and refrigeration needed to accomplish that. People ate fresh, local food in season, then preserved for the rest of the year. Sure there were some staples that were traded, but their main diet was local. Now it may UNDESIRABLE, especially if you live in North America and want bananas, or Ethiopian food without traveling to Ethiopia, but not impractical.

In Utopia we would focus on the best farming practices and not let politics and greed be influential. We'd dispatch the 'us versus them' mentality and work in harmony, not just among each other, but with the environment as a whole. But we live on Earth.

Comment

• Red Man
        Club Member
        • May 2018
        • Western Washington

Top | #64
        This has been a very interesting discussion. I’m no expert and have read few studies on the subject...mostly because I don’t really trust the studies so I don’t bother wasting my time. I like the reference ComfortablyNumb made to soylent green. I feel that we can’t just blindly accept that food enhanced in a lab will be good for us. Maybe our bodies won’t be able to process the nutrients in them, even if they have no long term health risks. I know the term natural on labeling is completely unregulated, but I would prefer that the majority of what I eat has not been “enhanced” in a lab.

I don’t really agree with the comments Meathead made about refusing to buy products labeled as natural or organic or cage free. I buy Costco maple syrup. It’s not fantastic, but it’s reasonably priced and it’s pure maple syrup. It’s labeled as organic. I like other syrup more, and buy it occasionally, but it’s way more expensive. I buy chicken that’s labeled free range because it’s also air chilled and raised without antibiotics. My other option is labeled as “southern chicken”. It’s cheap and doesn’t taste good.

I do refrigeration work and work on many farms and food processing plants. I buy my bacon, hams, sausage, etc from a local company whose refrigeration I work on. I’ve been in the plant. I’ve seen how they produce the food. It’s a high quality product and I trust them. Same for a lot of fruits and vegetables. I like to support local farms when possible and the product is superior. Most produce is better when local because it was picked when ripe, not picked early to ripen in transit. I do buy bananas year round. No bananas are grown any where near me. They taste fine. I’ve had bananas in the Caribbean where they were picked ripe and can hardly be compared to the bananas I get here.

I guess what I'm getting at is, I like to buy organic, natural, cage free, etc sometimes. I also like to buy things without those labels sometimes. I don’t like to buy things like Tyson chicken strips, farmed salmon, cheap pork, chicken, and beef sausages. I look for products that are made or produced with quality and care. Sometimes they have misleading labels and sometimes they don’t.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          I just finished watching the documentary 'Genetic Chile'. If you can I suggest giving it a view.
      • ComfortablyNumb
        Club Member
        • May 2017
        • Northeast Washington
        • KBQ C-60
          PK360
          Thermoworks Smoke
          Thermoworks Thermopop
          Thermoworks Dot

Top | #65
        I just finished watching the documentary 'Farmageddon' on Amazon Prime. I encourage all to give it a view.

Comment

• Willard
          Club Member
          • Apr 2018
          • Leesburg, Fl.

Top | #66
          Just read this. Something to chew on...
          https://www.npr.org/706004242

Comment

• Willy
            Charter Member
            • Apr 2015
            • High Desert of the Great Southwest

Top | #67
            Murdy I am most definitely not suggesting we just "throw up our hands". There are indeed issues with "Big Ag" and I mentioned some of them elsewhere herein. They include fertilizer run-off (water contamination), mono-cropping (leading to increased pesticide use), and antibiotic overuse among them I don't think there are issues with the food produced by Big Ag as regards nutrition or safety. Smart people, people in positions to make changes, are aware of and working on all of these issues, none of which have simple, economical answers. I want to emphasize the economic issue. Conventional agriculture has succeeded because it produces an economical product. Its excesses have become apparent and they are being addressed--GMOs are likely to be an important part of solving some of the problems.

I will say that the controversy between conventional and organic agriculture isn't really an issue, imo, that is of any consequential concern. I think it's all but irrelevant. Both systems produce nutritious food that is safe to eat. As consumers, we can vote with our dollars if we do have concerns. That and growing some of own food are about the only important impacts individuals can make.

The human condition is fraught with problems everywhere one turns--rather than provide a partial list, I'll leave up to people to think of their own issues. We must just keep doing what we've done for millennia--moving forward and solving problems as they arise--hopefully on a stomach full of tasty food.

Comment

• new2smoking
              Club Member
              • Aug 2018
              • Seattle, WA

Top | #68
              Red Man, I agree with most of your observations. Re: farmed or wild salmon, however, my thoughts have evolved. Yes, nothing in the world tastes better than Alaskan line caught Chinook (King salmon). However, just like the world can't feed itself by hunting wild animals and foraging for wild grains and roots, so can't the world consume fish only by catching wild seafood. We'll completely strip the oceans (and have been close in many instances.) So, I have resigned myself to also enjoying farmed seafood, and hope that we can improve 'best practices' so as to avoid problems like the recent broken pens in WA. (Sorry for the delayed response, we were out of country for a while.)

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                As an aside, I've had Scottish farmed salmon that rivals the wild catch. Worth trying if you get a chance.

• Willard
                Willard commented
                Editing a comment
                Where did you get it?
            • ComfortablyNumb
              Club Member
              • May 2017
              • Northeast Washington
              • KBQ C-60
                PK360
                Thermoworks Smoke
                Thermoworks Thermopop
                Thermoworks Dot

Top | #69
              What separates conventional from organic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1512.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	700218
              The driveway. Those are conventional apples on the left, organic on the right.

Comment

• Willy
                Willy commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol!
            • Ron Wilson
              Club Member
              • Jul 2019
              • Knoxville TN

Top | #70
              Meathead, are you being paid by the industrial food lobby? Your defense of modern processed foods make it sound like you are. Look at science and reality. We humans are animals. We evolved eating food that was not adulterated with preservatives, flavor enhancers, and other unnatural additives. It is best to realize those facts and try to eat organic/natural foods whenever we can.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                That is an insult and I take it as a psersonal attack and as such it is a violation of the Pitmaster Club terms of Service. Argue against my statements but you have NO right to falsely accuse me. Anyone who spends any time on AmazingRibs.com should know that I am on nobody's payroll.

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                A good deal of science is not reality!
                Evolved huh?

• new2smoking
                new2smoking commented
                Editing a comment
                We evolved eating raw meat, foraged uncooked roots and seeds, living till an average age of early 20s, dying if we got appendicitis, pneumonia, cellulitis, in childbirth, etc. Sounds great! (Oh, and I forgot to mention no running warm water, soap, and baby wipes. And no Toto toilettes!)
            • ComfortablyNumb
              Club Member
              • May 2017
              • Northeast Washington
              • KBQ C-60
                PK360
                Thermoworks Smoke
                Thermoworks Thermopop
                Thermoworks Dot

Top | #71
              Originally posted by Ron Wilson View Post
              Meathead, are you being paid by the industrial food lobby? Your defense of modern processed foods make it sound like you are. Look at science and reality. We humans are animals. We evolved eating food that was not adulterated with preservatives, flavor enhancers, and other unnatural additives. It is best to realize those facts and try to eat organic/natural foods whenever we can.
              Meathead seems to enjoy getting your attention by making seemingly outrageous statements. He's not defending or endorsing what you think of as "modern processed foods", rather all foods are processed in one way or another.

"The issue isn’t processed or not, but how is it processed? What has the processing done for the food? The idea that eating processed foods is bad for us is absurd unless you specify what the process is and what part of the process is bad for us."

So that organic fruit you purchase in the store was picked, washed, packed in cases, stored in a refrigerated environment (to preserve it) and shipped to the store, where it was unpacked and displayed. All are processes. Now none of us would think of organic fruit as a processed food, but technically it has gone through some processing. And even if you picked it off the tree yourself, it has gone through some processing. How?

Let's focus a bit on the word 'natural'. By definition 'natural' is 'from nature, not made or caused by humankind'. If you want truly natural vegetation, you have to go into a wilderness and forage for it. If you want natural milk, you have to suck it out of the cow's teat. If you want natural meat, you have to catch the animal and eat it without cooking or seasoning. Nature does not cultivate fields, it does not enhance the soil with imported inputs, it does not deliver unseasonal irrigation, it does not remove competing vegetation, it does not apply external protection from pests. All those processes are performed by man. So the bottom line is, anything you purchase is a store that was raised on a farm is not 'natural'.

Now, let's talk 'organic'. It's already been discussed at length in the thread (you did read the entire thread, didn't you?) Organic means the farmer paid money to a certifying agency who verifies that the farmer has followed their rules by checking his required records and a farm inspection, however no testing of the product. It means that all inputs, such as fertilisers and PESTICIDES must be from their approved list. Anybody who does not get certified is called conventional. A large marketing campaign is waged against conventional produce, one that vilifies it as unsafe and unnatural all to frighten the consumer into purchasing organic.

Those are the facts. Once you realise them maybe you'll actually begin to question what went into the production of your food and think for yourself, not blindly follow what the marketers want you to..

Comment

• Meathead
                BBQ Whisperer, Mythbuster
                • May 2014
                • Chicago area
                • Remember, no rules in the bedroom or kitchen
                  Meathead

Top | #72
                ComfortablyNumb Thank you for explaining to Ron Wilson what I thought I explained. He would do himself a favor by re-reading my post more carefully and with an open mind, as well as the comments by you and other members who have come to understand that natural has no legal meaning. "Natural" products include poop and arsenic. Organic is another misleading term. Its legal definition has strayed so far from the mission of the founding fathers that it now allows pesticides in some cases. These are marketing words. Meaningless when it comes to health or quality. Sad.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don’t forget that not only hasn’t he fully read all of yours and anybody else’s material, he hasn’t been around long enough to know that you aren’t bought just as the rest of us are not.
                  It’s called being a rookie.
                  Last edited by FireMan; August 3rd, 2019, 08:03 PM.
              • mountainsmoker
                Club Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Bryson City, NC

Top | #73
                I totally agree. What is natural, eating what you catch in the wild or forage for. Farmers have for centuries going back o the Incas and the Mesopotamian's have been creating better breeds of stock and better grains. Would you call that GMO why not that was the beginning of it. They just didn't do it in test tubes. They would have if they had the technology. They had a very advanced society.

Ron Wilson you owe Meathead an apology. You can keep your opinions but to attack another person is not ok. What qualifications do you have. So far there are no proven facts that show that an organic diet is any better than any other. Show me an article from a UMass medical journal showing it that it is better and I will believe it.
                Last edited by mountainsmoker; August 3rd, 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It matters not of the qualifications! What is accomplished by attacking anyone here in the Pit?
              • Meathead
                BBQ Whisperer, Mythbuster
                • May 2014
                • Chicago area
                • Remember, no rules in the bedroom or kitchen
                  Meathead

Top | #74
                "Natural" is shooting an animal, and eating it. What is natural about taking an animal shot in the wild, carving it up, salting it, adding spices, and subjecting it to fire? Fire/heat completely alters the chemistry. It is a PROCESS. You are processing the food. The issue at hand is how much processing you are comfortable with? How about marinating? Adding nitrite? Smoking? Preservatives that kill pathogens? Which of these processes crosses YOUR line?

Natural is picking a grape and eating it. Squashing it, adding SO2, pouring it into a refrigerated tank, adding yeast, pouring it into a wooden barrel, aging it, bottling it. Is wine a natural product as all the books say?

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ComfortablyNumb It's an organic/natural twinkle right?

• ComfortablyNumb
                  Editing a comment
                  ofelles Absolutely! They grow wild here in the Okanogan, nestled in the shade of the sage. Normally we don't get to harvest, but since we haven't had any fires yet the Twinkies are in full bloom.

• Meathead
                  Meathead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fry it!
              • new2smoking
                Club Member
                • Aug 2018
                • Seattle, WA

Top | #75
                Would anyone like to ‘enjoy’ this Sunday-farmers-market non-GMO fat free, gluten free, sugar free cookie 🍪?
                😒
                Last edited by new2smoking; August 7th, 2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  Editing a comment
                  Doubt I'd eat it even if it was free...

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
              See more
              See less

About this website. AmazingRibs.com is all about the science of barbecue, grilling, and outdoor cooking, with great BBQ recipes, tips on technique, and unbiased equipment reviews. Learn how to set up your grills and smokers properly, the thermodynamics of what happens when heat hits meat, as well as hundreds of excellent tested recipes including all the classics: Baby back ribs, spareribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, burgers, chicken, smoked turkey, lamb, steaks, barbecue sauces, spice rubs, and side dishes, with the world's best buying guide to barbecue smokers, grills, accessories, and thermometers, edited by Meathead.

This site is brought to you by readers like you who support us with their membership in our Pitmaster Club. Click here to learn more about benefits to membership.

Advertising on this site. AmazingRibs.com is by far the most popular barbecue website in the world and one of the 50 most popular food websites in the US according to comScore, Quantcast, Compete, and Alexa. Visitors and pageviews increase rapidly every year. Click here for analytics and advertising info.

© Copyright 2005 to 2019 by AmazingRibs.com. All text, recipes, photos, and computer code are owned by AmazingRibs.com and protected by US copyright law unless otherwise noted. It is a US Federal crime to publish or distribute anything on this website without permission. But we're easy! We usually grant permission and don't charge a fee. To get permission, just click here. And you don't need permission to link to us.

Our Privacy Promise, Terms of Service, Code of Ethics. AmazingRibs.com promises to never sell or distribute any info about you individually without your express permission, and we promise not to, ahem, pepper you with email or make you eat spam. We are GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulations as passed by the European Union). GDPR requires that we be willing to delete any info we have about an EU resident if you request it. We go a step further. We extend this right to anyone, EU resident or not. For more about our privacy promise, code of ethics, terms of service, and how we operate to insure you unbiased info, click here.

Working...
              X