Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'N Sear Travel Kettle Available for Pre-Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow 'N Sear Travel Kettle Available for Pre-Order

Check it out here. Look pretty cool! I may be finding one under the tree this Christmas!

Oh come on…

I really like the looks of it for on the go. I can’t decide what I think of the price yet

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you. More pricey than the Jumbo Joe, but with more features. Still less than the PKTX.

Looks cool. It is expensive compared to the Jumbo Joe. $180 vs $75.

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Add another $40 is you want to mini drip pan. Still less than the PKTX.

• IdahoJim
      IdahoJim commented
      Editing a comment
      For $180 you get the Slow N Sear basket and the stainless steel grate. Jumbo Joe has a plated grate. You also get the nice touches of the smoke hole, probe hole etc. I hardly use my Jumbo Joe so I'm not personally interested...

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah but with the PKGO price increase, this fits snugly between the 2 price wise

Looks good. I feel like it is worth it just based upon their quality. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Luv my Jumbo Joe,,,,
      it’s not my main cooker and for the price and what it can do with an SNS only it can do most anything you want,,,

Comment

If I went camping or had an RV with a spot underneath I would get one of these. As it is, I have all the grills I can use in my backyard right now... no need for a smaller grill but this one sure is nicer than the last travel grill I had.

Comment

I'm a big camping & beach person and my Jumbo Joe gets regular use in those areas. I like the looks of this. Yeah, pricey, but quality. This is the Prime of the portable kettle world while my Jumbo Joe is Select, IMO. This has creature comforts that will matter to certain folks, like any upgraded item.

Comment

I have a 22” Performer Deluxe and a Smokey Joe. I do not camp or travel at all anymore. But I like this for smaller cooks. The SJ is sometimes too small. I think I will get one and dump the SJ!

Comment

If I was camping, I would be all over this.

Comment

GrillGrates on that thing would rock some hamburgers. I know, I use to cook for 7 on a Smokey Joe with "The Grates."

Comment

• BFlynn
                  BFlynn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I'd probably by 5-7 Smokey Joe's before I bought this.

It looks neat. I like my SnS kettle.
                  But that's a little pricey for me, for a small grill.

First (I think?) video walkthrough. The features included have me thinking the price is worth it. I would probably put close to $80 worth of upgrades into a Jumbo Joe anyway, and there is no aftermarket ash sweep system that I know of. The thermometer positioning reading close enough will be nice. I don't want to bring my fireboard camping if I can help it.

Comment

There really is no comparison out there. It is drastically set apart with the SnS basket with a side note of the spin grate. Easily worth the money vs other kettles. If I would have known this was coming I would have held off, bein I’m cookin fer a minimum of one.

Comment

With a mini SNS, mini drip pan and mini easy spin grate I'm thinking easily worth the money.

Comment

I’ve put stainless grates, have a set of grill grates and the mini slow n sear, I’ve spent way more than that. The nice thing is all the parts fit in the 18 WSM so I can use them there when something won’t quite work on the JJoe. With the Grilla stainless grates it’s not terribly portable because they’ve about tripled the weight.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here