Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Charcoal Grills/Smokers in IL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Charcoal Grills/Smokers in IL?

The only custom grills/smokers I've been able to find available locally out of the usual suspects (LSG, M Grills, Hasty Bake, Lang, Yoder) is the Good One smokers.

Anyone aware of good solid local builders that we can support?

A heavily insulated competition smoker with unique design features. It comes in two basic configurations: the Internal Firebox and the Meat Monster Offset Firebox We reviewed Meat Monster and award our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal. Placing a firebox inside the smoker is very interesting.

Comment

Yeah, have you looked at Engelbrecht? They are from Illinois. Famously, President Obama gave UK's Prime Minister Cameron an Engelbrecht Braten 1000. It won't be custom built, but it is pretty awesome.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe that Engelbrecht will do custom work also

Thanks for the recs! Will add them to my list!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking forward to hearing more about how your quest goes and what you end up getting!

Is it wrong that I secretly hoped an equally talented friend of Henrik was in the area just waiting for this thread?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Surely there must be someone around?

Isn’t Peoria Cookers that Max Good recommended close to what you are looking for? They look like a pretty small shop that appears to build well crafted smokers and only list starting at prices inferring they’ll try to make what you want. Or are you looking to directly hire a skilled side hustler?

I’m also not sure that Karubecue is much past that stage either, but not near IL.
      Last edited by glitchy; October 11, 2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking for both kind of examples actually! Though it would be super cool if we had our own Henrik.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I have a cousin that is a welder that I’ve thought about hitting up.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here