Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suburban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suburban

Does anyone here have a Suburban Hasty-Bake. I am looking into getting a Hasty-Bake but I have also been wanting smaller grills but there is not really to much posted online about the Suburban. I know its just the smaller version of the Legacy but how much smaller. Any real world pics of the suburban would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't have one, but this video shows the Suburban beside the Legacy:

Comment

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      I go in their store now and then and I'm always kind of shocked how small the Suburban is compared to the other grills in the showroom. However, you could smoke a brisket packer w/o any trouble.
      You can see in the above photo how low the cooking grate is. That would be a problem for many of us with back troubles or hip/knee problems.
      The construction quality is excellent and the company has a good reputation for service.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Clark I suppose if you're taller person or have a bad back, you could prop it up on blocks.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    I don't have one, but this video shows the Suburban beside the Legacy:

Thanks, I don't smoke very often anymore so that's not an issue but I do grill probably 1-3 times a week with a 3 person household so that might work.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks about perfect for smaller cooks for 3 people.

I have recently started looking at one of these to replace my Weber performer. I too am struggling between the Suburban and Legacy. Right now I am thinking for the extra $300, I'll go with the Legacy for the extra room. It is only me and my wife most days, but we do entertain occasionally. The Suburban has less room than my Weber Performer 22". If the price difference was larger, or if space was a consideration, I would choose the Suburban, but for now, I am leaning towards the Legacy.

Comment

• Callmekanyo
      Callmekanyo commented
      Editing a comment
      If you ended up buying a HB grill, which model did you settle on, the legacy or suburban?

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't pulled the trigger yet. We are planning to relocate before the end of the year and I want to wait to get it once we get to the new place. The Legacy is still at the top of my list, but my son-in-law is lobbying for the 357. That's because he doesn't have to pay for it!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      efincoop yeah, that 357 price tag is hefty.

Shoot, you put some bigger wheels on that puppy & yer midget problem is solved, …….mebbee.

Comment

efincoop the Legacy is basically the Gourmet, which I have, without the second grate and taller hood. I don't use the upper grate often. But to give you some idea of what the main grate will do, here's some pics. Something to consider is that most of the time, you will only use half the grate due to 2 zone setups, half for indirect, other half for direct. This makes the Suburban really small. :-)

One pork butt on the indirect zone
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 2.png Views:	0 Size:	504.5 KB ID:	1328273

A whole bunch of chicken thighs, 20 or so, on indirect zone
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 4.png Views:	0 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	1328274

3 racks of ribs
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 3.png Views:	0 Size:	545.2 KB ID:	1328275

one good sized NY Strip on direct side
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 5.png Views:	0 Size:	495.6 KB ID:	1328276

Brats, steaks, potatoes and peppers cooking
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 1.png Views:	0 Size:	453.4 KB ID:	1328277

Four pork butts
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gourmet-grate-space - 6.png Views:	0 Size:	416.1 KB ID:	1328272

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        efincoop powder coated. After 11 years, I have one small spot that I need to repair where a bit of powder coating has come off and there's a little rust.

• efincoop
        efincoop commented
        Editing a comment
        That is very encouraging. Did you buy their cover?

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        efincoop I bought the cover they had for sale at the time. I use it pretty religiously. I also bought the removable front table. Both great add-ones.

efincoop a couple more pics of the Hasty-Bake for you

First day, brand new, with the cover on it.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	296B7B95-186C-43BF-8DC7-A435E115826B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	1328790

Cooking in a hail storm LOL
      Click image for larger version  Name:	CF0C3FC5-DA09-42FD-B5F2-5A8D53305E29.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	1328791

I think I’m getting ready to cook some ribs
      Click image for larger version  Name:	4296077C-1B18-40D9-B539-EBC148E76D94.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	1328789

Comment

• efincoop
        efincoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing these!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        efincoop whatever I can do to help you spend your money ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here