Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Cook on the Hasty Bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Cook on the Hasty Bake

Tonight, I made us a nice hamburger on the H B that I won in the March 2022 Giveaway. They were delicious !!!! I was running around like a jack rabbit trying to get my work done so I could enjoy my first cook and I did enjoy it !!! I did the first burn yesterday and so was itching to get started this evening after chores were finished . These pictures are the proof... and if you could have seen the smiles around the table, those too.
    I lit the charcoal with a couple of tumble weeds and the charcoal caught quickly. I had a few pieces of lump and added a small pile of KF regular. After it was glowing, I turned the crank to the sear position. (WOW) Then , after the grills were hot, I threw on the beef patties ( just s and p ) . I flipped once and noticed how I had no flareups with the lid closed. I really liked that ! Best was the flavor !
    I'm really looking forward to perfecting the steak....brisket...ribs...butts etc . Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
    Attached Files

That is so freaking awesome!! Every cook will be homerun on that thing!

Comment

Beautiful! First cook I did on my Hasty-Bake was also hamburgers. it’s the perfect way to learn and have a fun meal without too much stress.

Looking forward to cooking with you!

Comment

Glad to see you are enjoying my cooker.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I LMAO at this one….😂

You grabbed our hearts with a tumblin tumbleweed story! Job well done! 👍

Comment

Out of all the monthly winners since I’ve joined, this is one of my favorites to have won. A newbie who started posting regularly first, then wins during her first month here…Great story! The only one better, to me anyway, would be …..Old Fart PJ Wins 1st Place Prize At Amazing Ribs Drawing!
          Last edited by Panhead John; April 5, 2022, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            What would you pick??

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably the Slow N Sear Delux Kamado. Then I’d find a worthy person/organization to donate it to. Maybe a fire station.

Fantastic, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Congrats on your winning the giveaway and great first cook and pics! Though you don’t present as grandma enough for that china 🤪

Comment

Glad your enjoying your new toy. Those burgers look marvelous.I look forward to your second, third, and hundred sixty-eighth cook as I win vicariously through you.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the first cook with us. Looking forward to seeing many more!

Comment

Good work! Thank you for sharing. Keep it up!

Comment

Great first cook! Please share all the rest as you enjoy your prize!

Comment

So glad to see you were able to break the grill in with your first cook! Looks great and I can’t wait to see what else the Hasty Bake and you crank out!

Comment

Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing more, and congrats again on the big win.

Comment

Lookin goood!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here