Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out the NEW Pit Barrel Cooker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRA View Post

Well isn't that special! Good find David. I think you just talked me out of $160.00. I was feeling kind of bummed out that they came out with the upgraded finish just shortly after I ordered mine. Before I go and order one I'd like to see how the new finish holds up and the overall opinion from folks that have it.

Well I haven't had mine long but my impression so far is that the finish will last much longer. It's also a heavier steel barrel (noticeably heavier).

Comment

• Gunderich_1
      Gunderich_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish, So the barrel is much heavier, David? I may have to check this out. If I keep this up, I will need to start that catering business!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a noticeable difference, like the metal may be one gauge thicker, but it's not MUCH heavier.

Originally posted by Ernest View Post

I saw that, but I'm planning on selling the old one or give it away.

Cool. I'm probably going to take my old PBC to the coast and use it there. The finish may not hold up so great there but I'm guessing I'll still get several more years out of it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here