Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and another new PBC owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    SRA, welcome to The Pit and thanks for joining! We love to hear stories like yours.

Ad far as the PBC in the rain, it can be done. You just need to keep the rain off of it or the lid will pool up with water. Do you happen to have a Weber 18.5" kettle? The dome fits nicely on the lid of the PBC and can be used to shed rain away from the cooker.

No, I don't have a Weber Kettle unfortunately. However, if it is indeed a good fit I may try to find a used one on CL because it rains A LOT up here in Washington state.

Comment

Originally posted by SRA View Post

No, I don't have a Weber Kettle unfortunately. However, if it is indeed a good fit I may try to find a used one on CL because it rains A LOT up here in Washington state.

Once you get that kettle, try THIS technique

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Once you get that kettle, try THIS technique

Excellent. Thanks! So it is possible to not completely fill up the basket for shorter cooks on the PBC. Any suggestions for using wood chunks? Wrap them in foil and poke holes or just drop them in? I'm worried that they may catch fire, produce less smoke and jack up the temps.

Comment

Originally posted by SRA View Post

Excellent. Thanks! So it is possible to not completely fill up the basket for shorter cooks on the PBC. Any suggestions for using wood chunks? Wrap them in foil and poke holes or just drop them in? I'm worried that they may catch fire, produce less smoke and jack up the temps.
          Just drop wood chunks in. The restricted airflow will take care of the fire.

Comment

Uploaded photos from iPad and I don't seem to be able to do as the tips sections said to do. I can't select the resolution. Bummer.
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh forgot to ask. Can anyone recommend a good cover for the PBC? Thanks! Jim

Comment

• bep35
                bep35 commented
                Editing a comment
                I ordered a cover from PBC with mine. I also use the box it came in as a cover if it isn't going to get wet. Just cut the bottom out of the box and slip it over the top. Works for storing it inside a garage.

I've had my PBC for a couple of months now. I love it!

Comment

Great pics jub!

Comment

Jub, looking good! Welcome to the club!

Comment

SRA, try wood chunks on your first few cooks then, cook the same items without the wood. I bet you $0.53 that you'll not go back to using wood chunks in the PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
                      SRA, try wood chunks on your first few cooks then, cook the same items without the wood. I bet you $0.53 that you'll not go back to using wood chunks in the PBC.

Ernest, So you are saying that don't bother with the wood chunks? Chuck the Chunks?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here