Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and another new PBC owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    THEY'RE MULTIPLYING!!

Comment

Plan "Crouton" is almost underway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

LOL. Now THAT's funny. I don't care who you are. lol

Comment

Is the chicken skin crispy after cooking for two hours per PBC video? I refuse to cook chicken below 325 degrees temp. 1 hour 15 minutes tops for me.

Comment

I recently got my PBC and cooked on it twice. It is super easy and the food comes out tasting delicious.

I wish I would have bitten the bullet and bought one a long time ago.

Comment

Congrats on the new PBC! It is amazing. Chicken is awesome and easy. I've had mine a couple of months now (more or less). We have cooked: chicken (split and just thighs on the grill), steak, brisket, boston butt, babyback ribs, spare ribs and the tips. Everything has come out tasting incredible.

Comment

I have been cooking on a weber kettle for some years now. This kettle was actually given to me by my grandparents and is probably over 25 years old. It still looks and cooks great! I am thinking about buying a new smoker but just not sure which should be my first. There are so many choices. I have read all the recommendations here and other places and have heard great things about the PBC. Congratulations, Jim on yours! I am considering the PBC, WSM, and even the Smokinator. Cost and other factors caused me to zero in on these 3. Wish someone would just say, "Hey, this is the one you should start with, just buy it!" lol Since the PBC seems to be so different than most conventional smoker setups, I'm wondering if it is still a good first choice for learning the art of smoking or maybe I should start with one of the others. Input is appreciated.

Comment

• Belco54
                  Belco54 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Martin, I do not have any experience with the WSM but I am a newbie to the art of smoking myself (will be at it for one year in January.) I received my PBC in late May and I find an excuse to use it almost every weekend. It is SOOO easy. I don't even use the Char-Broil vertical gas smoker that I got from my in-laws for Christmas last year unless I'm cooking a ton of food for a party. In a nutshell Martin, the PBC makes me look like an old pro. I'm sure the WSM is fantastic but I'm so darn happy with my PBC that I wouldn't even consider anything else right now. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you decide to go with the PBC. Just my two cents....

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel the same way, I just want to bbq all the time!!. I am leaning towards the pbc and will certainly post my decision when it happens; probably with pics from the proud poppa...lol. Anyone else, please feel free to comment...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I have been cooking on a weber kettle for some years now. This kettle was actually given to me by my grandparents and is probably over 25 years old. It still looks and cooks great! I am thinking about buying a new smoker but just not sure which should be my first. There are so many choices. I have read all the recommendations here and other places and have heard great things about the PBC. Congratulations, Jim on yours! I am considering the PBC, WSM, and even the Smokinator. Cost and other factors caused me to zero in on these 3. Wish someone would just say, "Hey, this is the one you should start with, just buy it!" lol Since the PBC seems to be so different than most conventional smoker setups, I'm wondering if it is still a good first choice for learning the art of smoking or maybe I should start with one of the others. Input is appreciated.

Just buy it!

No, really, you should. I started with a cheap, used smoker, went to a Traeger Jr. Elite pellet smoker (I think it sucks) and then bought the PBC. The ease of cooking is only part of it. EVERYTHING we have tried in the PBC has come out fantastic. When my supermodel tells me how great the food is, I know I made the right choice.

Comment

Thanks...I have pretty much made the decision to make the jump toward the pbc. By the way, tonight I made whole turkey breast on the weber kettle. OMG... I have never had turkey like this in my life. I think my wife has fallen in love with me, (or my turkey) all over again!! I will be doing it again the end of this month and will try to post pics. Thanks for the advice on the pbc.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Thanks...I have pretty much made the decision to make the jump toward the pbc. By the way, tonight I made whole turkey breast on the weber kettle. OMG... I have never had turkey like this in my life. I think my wife has fallen in love with me, (or my turkey) all over again!! I will be doing it again the end of this month and will try to post pics. Thanks for the advice on the pbc.

Did you inject with butter?

You'll be very happy with the PBC. The best turkey breast I've ever made or eaten came off a PBC.

Comment

Another new PBC owner to be here. Ordered mine the other day and it's on a FedEx truck to the house just in time for my birthday!!! I can't wait!

Comment

• (Martin)
                          (Martin) commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Happy Birthday!!!!!! I hope your cook is worthy of the day as I'm sure it will be. Congrats and happy bbqing!!!

Originally posted by SRA View Post
                        Another new PBC owner to be here. Ordered mine the other day and it's on a FedEx truck to the house just in time for my birthday!!! I can't wait!
                        Welcome SRA, I believe we met on the Disqus boards over at the main AmazingRibs site. We're glad to have you here!

Make your next stop over at the Introduce Yourself channel, start a new topic and give us a little bio, anything you'd like to share- what experience you have with grills/smokers, what other gear you use, what you like to cook, what you hope to learn to cook, accessories & thermometers you use---anything you'd like to share!

Also, when you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Huskee, thank you for the warm welcome and the tips in getting started on the forum. Yes, we did meet over at the Disqus board but I decided that I wanted to support the website that was instrumental in helping me decide to go ahead and get the PBC and where I learned a wealth of information in a just few short days. :-) I'll check out the links you provided and I'll be sure to share my experiences with you and the other members. My new best friend (PBC) should arrive this Saturday but unfortunately it is supposed to rain most of the weekend. Has anyone tried using the PBC outside while it's raining or is that just a BAD idea?!!? Just curious. Thanks again!

Comment

SRA, welcome to The Pit and thanks for joining! We love to hear stories like yours.

Ad far as the PBC in the rain, it can be done. You just need to keep the rain off of it or the lid will pool up with water. Do you happen to have a Weber 18.5" kettle? The dome fits nicely on the lid of the PBC and can be used to shed rain away from the cooker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here