Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC VS. The Bronco - The Ultimate Smackdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC VS. The Bronco - The Ultimate Smackdown!

There’s been a lot of good natured banter lately about which is the better cooker, the long established Pit Barrel Cooker, or the newcomer, the Oklahoma Joe Bronco. There’s only one way to settle this hotly contested debate….we need to have a cook off! My arch rival Greygoose just thinks his ribs are better than mine! We all know that my cooking results in many less ER visits than his.

It’s time the gloves come off! Here’s what I’m thinking, in 2 weeks let’s have a weekend group cook between the rival barrel cookers, Friday July 29 - Sunday July 31. I’m thinking that anything goes, whatever you want to cook, creativity is welcomed. Brisket, ribs, pork butts, Chuck roasts, whatever. Whether you wanna hang your meat or use the grates, don’t matter. Appetizers and side dishes, whatever. This can be a lot of fun!

Anyway, I’d like to see what y’all think about this and if anyone’s interested. I’d really like to see some of our more established and long term PBC users out there participate also. I have no doubt my Bronco buddies will show up. What do y’all think? Any interest?
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 17, 2022, 11:20 AM.

Hmmmmm…… what should I go with…… maybe salmon? The staples are always good, but I think I should do something to flex the Bronco muscles.

Comment

...I could be talked into something like that...

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too!! I'll cook some fatty pork, either ribs or pork butt. FWIW I don't think PJ could ever convince himself the PBC is better than the OJB - even if it is 😆😂😛

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s no way you dastardly PBC owners can ever outcook us! HaHaHaHaHa
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 17, 2022, 06:16 AM.

Panhead John I noticed you left out the Traeger. The sure sign of defeat.
      I am sorry, but from NW Oregon to Texas is too far to give you the BBQ beat down. On second thought will there be PBR? Are you willing to pick me up at the bus depot?
      Last edited by bbqLuv; July 16, 2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        BBQ beat down….with a Traeger? 😂😂😂

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did Traeger come out with a barrel cooker? What did I miss?

Game on....

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool beans!

I'm thinking a brisket, 2 pork butts, 3 racks of sante louies, a pastrami, a pork belly and a couple of hot dogs on the offset.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Enough with the appetizers, what’s the main course?

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Never enough of those appetizers!
        Them are BIG Texas size appetizers.

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        That will thin the herd!

Paging Allon. Order that OKJ already! You can probably get it in time to join in on this.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        No not yet. I will certainly be paying very close attention to the event.
        But you never know when everything will line up.

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        🎼 When the moon is in the seventh house🎶🎵

Any more PBC and Bronco people interested? Wanted to give this a bump.

Comment

I'm in, I think. I drink so much these days I may not remember, so please bump the thread often so I can copy and paste something off the internet and take credit for it.

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John if that's the case you are hanging out at some really low-budget websites. And you know I'm just kidding. But seriously, I think there should be a no-rib and no-pork butt rule for this cook. Not that a hunk of brown pork isn't sexy, but it isn't. Unless you are eating it. Let's mix it up.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          hoovarmin I’m with ya on mixing it up. I know we’ve done a lot of rib cooks lately, maybe we can "suggest" doing something other than ribs, but leave the door open for them if they want to? I did mention in the original post whatever they wanted, including sides and appetizers. And just what the hell is wrong with doing a pork butt, you communist! 😂

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reigning me in bro, lol

PJ,,,,I’m getting the feelin’ ur the head of some kind of a cult,,,,,
        U do have that persuasive and almost spell like aura about you !
        I have to put some thought into this ,,,,,I’m a simple man,,,I know it shows,,,
        In the event that the PBC kicks the ever luvin bejeezuz out of the Orange or what ever color the Bronco comes in that this doesn’t turn into a Jim Jonesin’ type of ending,,,,😂🤣😂👍👍👍

Comment

• Greygoose
          Greygoose commented
          Editing a comment
          Where the Hell is Hawker ,,,,,,?????

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, we need HawkerXP in this for sure! fzxdoc too !

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim Jones that was the wrong turn into a dead end.

I think with you as the final judge that the contest is over before it even starts! But it should take place anyway. With that many Broncos and PBCs going the entire US population can enjoy the smoke!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I really would like a lot of people to participate if they can. Where the hell is 58limited klflowers and Uncle Bob Purc and the rest of my Bronco buddies?
          Last edited by Panhead John; July 17, 2022, 12:30 PM.

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost sounding like desperation.

Attention all pbc owners,,,,,
        please check in !!!!!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Good deal Greygoose You can be President of the PBC losers, er, I mean owners! Call your people and I’ll call mine.
          Last edited by Panhead John; July 17, 2022, 12:37 PM.

• Greygoose
          Greygoose commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea,,I can hear it now " Hey Bronco Buster,,,It’s PJ,,,,,beep,,,,Please leave a message!!!!!"

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of em won’t even give me their number. 😂

Calling all Bronco owners, don’t let those PBC people outnumber us!

Comment

Not sure if I will be in town that weekend, the 30th is my birthday. If I am around though I will participate.

Comment

• Greygoose
            Greygoose commented
            Editing a comment
            KL,,,,don’t worry PJ will probably give you an additional 2 week window to respond with your final example of Bronco capabilities,,,,
            Maybe 3 weeks if nobody else responds,,,,
            And Happy Birthday !!!!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            …, .., …!

Greygoose thanks. And while I usually distance myself from Panhead John this time he is right. Bronco rules. Unless the PBC queen fzxdoc joins in. Then I will lay down and give up...

Comment

• Greygoose
            Greygoose commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes,,,,,where is Kathryn ?????
            I figured Hawker would scare the you know what outta PJ
            I know Kathryn will mentally conquer PJ in a few rounds of PBC wisdom,,,

• Allon
            Allon commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy birthday!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here