Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Bronco at Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Bronco at Home Depot

I am deciding between an OKJ Bronco and a PBC. I see that Home Depot has a Bronco with cover for $399. I don't particularly care for the orange color, but can get over it. Does anyone know of any differences between it and the standard Bronco?

That's just the standard Bronco in orange.

Comment

If I’m reading you correctly, are you asking if there’s any difference between the standard black Bronco and the orange Bronco? If so, the answer is no, they’re identical except for the color. The Bronco you mention is generally referred to as the standard size Bronco. They also make a larger and more expensive one called the Bronco Pro.
      Last edited by Panhead John; January 8, 2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. Yes, I was wondering if there is a difference between it and the standard one, other than the color.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          to be fair to you, some companies do have different options with colors... like Dyson etc...

If you’re a veteran they’ll give you another 10% off!

Comment

Thank you, Sid P. I forgot about that and I am a veteran.

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don’t have a CAC or USID just go to their website and get verified beforehand so it is recorded in their records. Then download their app and present the QR code that appears in the app when purchasing.

Buy it! It's A Bronco!

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            +1…..Bronco all the way over the PBC!

• Alan Brice
            Alan Brice commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever.....

Ace has the black one for $50 more if you really dislike the orange.

Comment

With the orange you'll never misplace it in your backyard.

Comment

• wu7y
              wu7y commented
              Editing a comment
              It's also easier to find in the snow.

I hear that the orange Bronco cooks faster...

That said, no - no difference other than color, and being a bit cheaper.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221104_123323.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1358519
              I have one! Love it, orange and all.

If you get the Bronco, get the accessory grate for $19.95. You double your grate area for $20!

It's a REAL cover as well.

Comment

• Alan Brice
                Alan Brice commented
                Editing a comment
                Luv tha Hwy saftee barrel!

If I go with the Bronco, I'll get the orange one frome home depot. $399, plus 10% discount is hard to beat. I'm still torn between it and the PBC, but am leaning towards the Bronco. I have a Camp Chef vault 24 smoker and a Sam's club pellet grill that a good friend gave me, when he upgraded. I love the gasser, and it's versatility as far as Temps and smoke goes, and I love the simplicity of the pellet grill. I am tempted by the set it and forget it of the PBC, but I think the Bronco has more versatility and features, along with better temp controls.

Comment

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                I have both a PBC and an orange Bronco Pro. My wife hated the thought of the orange cooker, but the price of the orange was discounted far more than $50 at that time. I even had a couple of cans of black high temp paint ready, but when it came she relented, and I think it's growing on her. Having used both, I prefer the Bronco. It's much heavier, which is both part of why I prefer it, but also why I have the PBC, which is much more travel friendly.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                The Bronco is also pretty much a set it and forget it. It’s well known for its ability to hold rock solid temps for hours, and it’s much more versatile than the PBC.

• Allon
                Allon commented
                Editing a comment
                I set my charcoal\wood load, fire it up with all vents open to about 180°F, then set both to 1-1\2 and it'll level off right around 225°.
                Go Bronco!

I love my Bronco. There are several discussion posts regarding the Bronco or the PBC you can review here on The Pit. It is good reading to help you decide between the two smokers. It is very versatile with an accessory for the Bronco. I did a Boston Butt, hung 2 racks of ribs and several chicken wings all at the same time on my Bronco.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Purc; January 8, 2023, 05:19 PM.

Comment

My first thought was “who’s driving the orange Bronco” …. Then I realized it was a different sort of Bronco

Comment

Well, my first thought on your post is that Mr unlimited Russell Wison must be driving the Bronco, and thankfully, he is driving like he's drunk. Sorry Branco fans, but I'm a life long Chief's fan, so, I love seeing the struggles.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve been laughing ever since Denver spent that money on Wilson

• captainlee
                    captainlee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What a disappointing and disastrous season.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here