Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labatt Blue. But I have been enjoying Angry Orchard Hard Cider recently with my BBQ

Comment

Red Hook, Boddingtons (Draft)

Comment

I'm usually a light American lager guy: Coors and Pabst are my favs, but lately I've taken a shine to Saisson light Belgian Ale. Allagash makes a good one: http://www.allagash.com/beer/year-ro...son?ao_confirm

Comment

when it's hot, i reach for a cold american lite lager (Coors light, normally). But as of last night, i might lean more toward an Octoberfest beer at my local watering hole. (unpaid plug for Sir James Pub) https://www.facebook.com/SirJamesPubPW They might be at over 550 - 600 individual beers in house right now. I'm a big fan of the O'so Octoberfest Nitro... hope its back on tap soon.

Comment

I don't really have a favorite beer, but my favorite styles are either hoppy or sour.

Comment

I rediscovered Pabst Blue ribbon while at the Memphis in May BBQ contest this past spring. Its what I enjoy whenever I Q

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I've rediscovered PBR too in the last year. One of my fav cheaper beers when I just want a chugger.

• Bob's BBQ
                Bob's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                PBR has always been a favorite of mine. Ice cold in a long neck bottle. Very refreshing!

Pyramid hefewizen is very good, but usually just a Yuengling, Labatt Blue or Bud Light.

I have heard that Pyramid (micro brew from Seattle, WA area) was purchased InBev (Budweiser) like Blue Moon was.

Comment

right now mine is Patron Saint Octoberfest by Wisconsin Brewery. local and seasonal but darn good.

Comment

For the past couple of months I have been enjoying Guinness Nitro IPA. This has to be the smoothest IPA I have enjoyed which makes wonder if it can be classified as an IPA. In any event, good suds!

Comment

Total beer snob here. I prefer local brews, IPA's in particular. But, will stray to the sours and Belgian's at times. For the best...Heady toper out of VT, or Russian Rivers Pliney the elder out of CA. Both can not be beat, some come close, but, close is about all they can do. And what I have going for me is my wife is as nuts about beer as I am, maybe a little more, if that could be possible. Makes brewery vacations a thing of beauty. Folks, if you are considering that concept, San Diego is the place you ought to be, so load up the car and or private jet and get out there.

Comment

I've never been the guy who buys one kind of beer, same as I don't eat only one kind of food. I go from Stella to Sam Adams to PBR to Labatt's to Bell's to Miller High Life to DAB to Moosehead and maybe some Coor's Batch 19. I can be a snob in that some beers are just meh, but then again I like some cheaper ones when I just wanna chug a beer. When I'm standing at the beer cooler I try to figure out which style I'm in the mood for now, just like at the wine rack.

Comment

Yuengling Original Black & tan, is my favorite when I can get it, and I just got a couple cases, Happy Holidays!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                          Powersmoke_80 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Paulie Brisket my brother-in-law lives in Avella PA.

• Paulie Brisket
                          Paulie Brisket commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Powersmoke_80 he's over west of Pittsburgh! I live on the other side; about 40 mi NW of Philadelphia in a little town called Honey Brook. Not much to see out here other than Amish and cornfields ;o)

• Atalanta
                          Atalanta commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Paulie Brisket - my dad lives in Honey Brook. I'm further east, toward Trenton, NJ. I've been to Pottsville but the brewery wasn't doing tours that day.

Miller High Life and Grain Belt. Some of our local breweries here in Billings have some very good beers also, but the names probably wouldn't mean much to any of you!

Comment

• Tim E
                          Tim E commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MT has some great breweries! I am a huge fan of the Kettlehouse and their cold smoke scotch ale.

Stone IPA and a close second, Alpine Duet

Comment

Since I can't get Czechvar on tap, my favorite beer with ribs is a Shinerbock from a tap

Jim

Comment

• Corvus
                          Corvus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I second that!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here