Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie thermometer

As mentioned in this post https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...466#post616466

Years ago I made a rotisserie for my WSM and found that if using a 5/16” spit, the sleeve they sell for it leaves enough room for a Maverick sensor wire. I would guess others might fit also. The caveat is that you must remember to run the wire through BEFORE putting the protein on. Sometimes I git ‘er done and sometimes I don’t.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	616804

Name:	Ready to remove.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	616805

Oh yeah.

Name:	ready to eat.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	616806

If you don't have a sleeve you can get one here - https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Rotisse...ch+spit+sleeve

Does the wire wrap around as it spins?

Comment

I was wondering about the wire twisting around the rod too. Great looking prime rib! I have such a aversion to poking holes in meat before cooking I don't think a rotisserie is in my future but that looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
        Does the wire wrap around as it spins?
        No. Because the wire goes under the sleeve it spins at the same speed as the rotisserie with the sending unit rubber-banded to the spit handle.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooooooh. Nice!

scottranda and Frozen Smoke - no the Maverick unit is attached to the handle of the rotisserie and spins along with the protein. You could use string or rubber bands to attach.

I think this would be the best use for a Meater - if it ever shows up...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my initial thought of the Meater. Having no ro-ta-sary cooker myself, no need for a Meater.

that looks great, you have motivated me to break out my rotisserie ! thanks

Comment

Nice, I was planning on trying this. You beat me to it.

Comment

Clever solution!

Comment

When my son-in-law, a mechanical engineer, was here for Christmas, I was discussing with him the leave-in thermometer issue and he said he already had a solution in his mind. Seriously, he took a picture, told me to do the market research and he would work out the design. Stay tuned.

Comment

Amazing piece of meat!

Comment

I’d buy an inexpensive leave in thermometer for my rotisserie

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think this makes very good sense. You can check it at a glance and go digital as you get close to target temp. Although I have no problem just stopping the rotiss to periodically poke with a T-pen.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here