Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go with the Primo, hands down. High quality Ceramic, made in the USA and you can not beat the advantage of a true two-zone setup.

After owning a steel kamado and ceramics, I would go with ceramics.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      It is very easy to do two zone in WSCG. I do it all the time. WSCG 452 Sq Inches Primo XL 400 Sq so there is plenty of space.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Not true offset cooking, that is the advantage of the oval shape. Old Glory

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      No disrespect Spinaker but there is plenty of space for two zone cooking on the WSCG.
      I agree you can't do true offset in a BGE. The issue with two zone in round ceramics like the BGE is that the fire grate sits low in the cooker and because of the egg shape is much smaller in diameter than the cooking grate. So in a typical Egg it is very difficult to get two zones. That is not an issue with the WSCG. You can use the full width of the cooker when the fire grate is in the top position.
      Last edited by Old Glory; April 18, 2020, 04:31 AM.

I was leaning so slightly for the WSGBT or alphabet of another order. But, after mentioning your array of cookers the leaning just tipped to ceramic & the SnS Kamado ! The versatility sells me every time.

Comment

Summit is the best decision I ever made - it’s super east to control, Weber quality and support, built in fan port (pit viper and fireboard will go 16 hours no issue), easy to do a quick sear with the SnS low profile (come on Dave, bring it back!) - like fzxdoc said, it does it all. Does a mean pizza, too!

I am very temped to try a ceramic one of these days, but really not sure I need it. I think I posted somewhere else, too, but the fact this thing is so forgiving it really helped my skill set when I was starting out. With young kids and a lot of travel (well, in normal times...) I like the forgiveness of this cooker. I’m better now, but nice to know I can make mistakes and not
      ruin a meal. Because I do make mistakes!

Comment

I will echo the WSCGC lovers. I love mine. I have used it a lot, with no issues. Easier to control temps vs. a ceramic kamado, and much lighter. I am fortunate to have the SnS Low Profile and the DnG, which I leave in almost all the time. I can use regular or lump charcoal. The ash cleaning system is easy to use. Even though I don’t use the SnapJet ignition very often, I think it is a great feature vs. having to use a chimney to light the charcoal.

Comment

If it were me I’d probably get the SNS Kamado however since you mention weight as an important criteria for you I would say get the summit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here