Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit So Hard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit So Hard....

...not to pull the trigger. Anyone else seeing the Weber Summit on sale?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Summit 1.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	229404Click image for larger version

Name:	Summit 2.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	229405

Wowzers! Is that just the floor models?

Comment

Never seen one in person. However I would jump on a 36 month interest free deal.

Comment

Prices valid through 12/31/2016. They must have more than just floor models.

Comment

Indeed, They must!

Comment

Wow. What does that put the final price down to?

Comment

• bep35
              bep35 commented
              Editing a comment
              If I remember right the list price was $1,499 for the basic and $1,999 for the station.

Typically Weber is one of those companies that keeps a tight reign on their retailers. They don't allow retailers to put their products on sale unless Weber authorizes it. If this store is offering them for sale on their own they're running the risk of severing their relationship with Weber. If that's the case or if Weber is putting them on sale themselves it really only means one thing, unit sell numbers aren't being hit. If it's a nationwide Weber sale watch for crazy deals to come out as winter approaches.

Comment

• bep35
              bep35 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was surprised. You don't see Weber on sale very often.

One of my local retailers had the basic unit for $300 off back in August but not the cart model. I guess that's probably changed now but I haven't been in there since. They were offering a free cover for the cart model back in August though.

I suspect Weber is just trying to move inventory along. I wonder if they will make any changes to the cookers for next year?

I too would love to have one of these but after my recent MAK purchase I'm holding off for now. Would also like to get a Genesis gasser on special I hear the new ones may be Chinese and of lesser quality. Time will tell............

Mark N

Comment

I haven't heard anything of substance, but it wouldn't be unusual to tweak a new design. The big question is - $300 and $400 off of what price?

Comment

• bep35
                bep35 commented
                Editing a comment
                Went back and checked. Their price was $1,499.99 on the Weber Summit and $1999.99 on the Grilling Station. Sale prices $1,199.99 and $1,599.99.

Maybe they are starting to realize that the price tag was ridiculous to start with.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Right? GadjetGriller

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Jus' sayin'...

• bbqoaf
                bbqoaf commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree, the initial price was beyond ridiculous, $2k for a souped up kettle with a starter? The businessman in me respects it greatly however.

bep35 commented
              October 12th, 2016, 04:35 PM
              Went back and checked. Their price was $1,499.99 on the Weber Summit and $1999.99 on the Grilling Station. Sale prices $1,199.99 and $1,599.99
              I'd be all over the Grilling Station for that price.

Comment

• billg71
                billg71 commented
                Editing a comment
                I would too if I hadn't paid the $2K early-adopter price for mine back in April.

Thanks, Weber.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

I'd be all over the Grilling Station for that price.
              Well we still don't know if this sale is everywhere or just one local store. Folks need to check it out and report back!

Comment

Well for my local retailer the $300 off sale price of the Summit was $1199 back in August. The list price of the Station was $1999 and a free cover but no sale. I suspect that may have now changed. I will try to get by there this weekend and see.

It is tempting but I am going to hold out. My other cookers have the bases covered so the Summit would just be an indulgence. And I will be interested to see if there are any tweaks or a lowered base price next season.

Mark N

Comment

Bep 35,
                  I bought mine pretty much on day 1 when it hit the market in April. The price was 1999 with an MSRP of $2299. So if it came in at $2,000 it wasn't really on sale.

Looks like Mark did run across a sale on the cartless version though.
                  Last edited by Baby Back Maniac; October 12, 2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

That's a schmokin" deal on an excellent machine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here