Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm...questions about Weber.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...questions about Weber.

So I went to get some "propaganda" to convince a friend to purchase a WSM...and saw that the 22”
    WSM, which is my fave, is "out of stock." Odd
    Curious if it will ever come back in stock. I know the 18” outsells it, Probably by a large margin.

Stranger still is that the Summit Charcoal shows N/A. O_o
    Does that mean they’ve dropped it? If so, I’m glad I got mine when I did.

The current Summit gasser isn’t built nearly as well as mine from 2005...
    If they’ve dropped the 22” WSM and Summit Charcoal...I honestly will have little reason to recommend them for anything other than a basic kettle.

Yes, the 18” WSM is a fine smoker...but it requires workarounds to do a full packer or several racks of ribs. Or indeed a full rack lying flat. And I’m not convinced that the changes made to the WSCG are for the better. Sure, I can perhaps do without the gas assist...but the diffuser is different..and I’m curious about other changes. Is the table even thinner/cheaper? Their latest offerings don’t inspire confidence to me.

Yeah, sorry for the rant but I can’t help thinking that maybe they’ve lost the plot.

Good observation. Does Weber have to step up their game? I have both the 22" and 18" WSM. Their good and with an ATC even better. Always worth the money. I don't have the Summit, but again heard good things about it. Pellet grills forcing them out of the market?

Interesting view.

Comment

TripleB That’s a good point... Perhaps pellet cookers have had a bigger impact than I thought. They’re popular around here it seems, and I know several people that have them.

I’m with you on the WSM. I think they’re brilliant...and I especially like the 22 because that extra real estate is well worth it IMO.

That said...yeah, I think they do need to step up their game. They still ask a premium for the Summit gasser and it’s nothing like they used to be. A fine grill I’m sure...but I’m not convinced the quality is there. Their missteps with the SmokeFire only adds to my apprehension about recommending them.
      If they’re going to ask a premium, they need to deliver.

Their kettles are still solid...and the WSM remains a good choice. But their "top of the line" (flagship) models don’t seem to live up to promise. And given what they did to the Summit gasser, and even the Summit Charcoal...I can’t help but wonder if the 22” WSM will be made cheaper...if indeed it ever returns.

Comment

BBQGUYS.COM still has the 22 WSM, unless I just bought the last one they have.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          It says it’s 6-8 weeks before it leaves the warehouse! The 22”…..Wonder why so long?

• dwlivesay
          dwlivesay commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead, it could have said 6-8 months and I've had ordered it! Once people around me know you can cook brisket you become very popular all of a sudden (If I pay for the brisket can you cook one for my son's graduation party?) Cooking a 16 pound packer on a 22" Weber Kettle is no fun. With the 22 WSM I'm hoping I can get a little sleep on overnight cooks. I can wait the 6-8 weeks as long as I get one.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve got the little 14” WSM and I really like it, I’m sure you’re gonna love the 22”. It’s just me here so I don’t do any large cooks on it. But I still wish I woulda gotten the 18”, looking back on it. The 14” barely fits half a packer brisket and I’ve gotta cut ribs in half to fit. But, not that big a deal to me. Anyway, congratulations on your new smoker!

They may just be having supply line issues. Almost all of Camp Chef's 16" cooking systems are out of stock because of that.

Comment

I think the WSCG is being replaced by the Weber Summit Kamado. Outdoor cooking products are in high demand and everyone is having issues keeping up.

Comment

• RAGBBQ
            RAGBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, the Summit Kamado replaced the WSCG and the WSCGC.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here