Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide dish for a potluck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide dish for a potluck?

I'm going to a potluck on Thursday for one of my buddy's babies. It just turned one month old and in China that's a traditional milestone. I want to use my new sous vide, but what kind of dish would be suitable to bring with me?

So far I've made chicken leg quarters, chicken breast, salmon, and this brisket thing. Not really sure what would be good at a buffet kind of dinner. It's got to be small pieces because there will be a lot of other dishes there. Chicken wings, maybe, but I've always disliked wings. Not enough meat on 'em to be worth the trouble of the skin and bones.

Cinnamon apples. I'd have to look up the recipe on the internet, but it was apples, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. Sous vide for ~1 hour. Have to look it up though.

Comment

How about fried chicken. Your friends will soon start calling you The Colonel!

ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

Comment

Imported Wesson oil is too expensive to deep fry things in. The apple dessert is a good idea, but unfortunately the cinnamon we use tastes just like an ingredient in Chinese medicine. So people eat it and they think it tastes like medicine. Chinese medicine has to taste awful otherwise people don't trust it works.

Maybe I'll just sous vide some chicken breasts and slice them into medallion portions. Year of the rooster and all.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Medicine must taste bad 🤔

• Lost in China
          Lost in China commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, a buddy of mine triumphantly unveiled his homemade apple pie at a party. The foreigners loved it, but the Chinese took one bite and spit it out, "Blech, medicine!" The whole Chinese medicine thing is super weird, but if it doesn't taste bad it doesn't work.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here