Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Vodka Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Vodka Recipe

One pound raspberries
    1 cup sugar
    3 cups vodka

In a large zip lock squish raspberries and sugar until smashed. Add vodka and seal zipper completely. Immerse in sous vide water at 135 degrees for 2 hours. Filter through coffee filters a little at a time. Store in a bottle in the frig. Drink idea -- mix with Perrier for a Raspberry Fizz!

Does cheap vodka work well?

Comment

• Abom
      Abom commented
      Editing a comment
      Never use expensive vodka if you're not drinking it straight. You'll never know the difference with the stuff you're adding to it.

Interesting. A guy who owned a Serbian restaurant in DC used to serve raspberry vodka. He said he put the raspberries and vodka into an unbreakable container and froze it for a month. I did it once, but don't remember the details. Thanks for the recipe.!

Cheap vodka should be ok! Better vodka will be better!

Comment

with all that sugar cheap vodka will produce an even bigger headache

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        You know, I don't think the Serbian guy added any sugar. Just the fruit.

I do infusions. I use very high proof vodka (about 80%) and fruit and let it soak for about a month (muddle the fruit to get more juice). Strain and save the fruit - I use it to make "boozy fruit jelly." The remaining liquid gets sugar syrup added to bring down the proof to something more enjoyable. Luscious Liquors is a great book to get started in infusing booze.

Comment

• Michael Brinton
        Michael Brinton commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the resource.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here