Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not "pie in the sky"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not "pie in the sky"

Once again I consider it an unequivocal advantage to be a member of the pit.
    A big shout out to Jim White for sowing the corn with his Frito Pie Post and mnavarre for sharing his concessions recipe for chili sauce (grout beef is apparently not available in SA so I used mince 😊)

There are 2 kinds of people in SA: those that prefer Fritos and the enlightened master race who prefer Big Korn Bites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_135025.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	917723

Made the sauce and adjusted ingredients to suit larger quantity of ground beef. Also ran short of tomato paste so used puree I had on hand.
    The recipe is really really good and I love coriander so it was a no brainer that I opted for mnavarre recipe for my guinea pig run. My daughter was around to help with the sample and say taste test. She does not cook much herself but knows her food and always honest in her opinion. She now wants me to make the sauce as a spaghetti topping.
    I made a thick mature cheddar cheese sauce and a salsa instead of chopped onions.

Name:	20200928_183955.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	917724

The Big Korn Bite Pie will be making it's debut this coming Friday served in a tray. I want to do the bag thing but I'm going with the tray this time.

Name:	20200928_190336.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	917725

Attached Files

That looks fantastic! I’m sure sales will be a big success. Or should I say BEEG success?

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed the BEEG thing too. Something tells me that wouldn’t fly here.

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      Andrrr The famous Frito Bandido?

I spent a lot of years when I was a kid singing the Frito Bandido song. No racism, no off color remarks we all thought the Frito Bandido was cool as hell.
      Most of the kids spent a lot of time practicing our Spanish accents all through the Summer thanks to the Frito Bandido.Hell the Mexican kids would help us work on it.
      It is a shame that adults with nothing better to do ruin what kids enjoy doing and in innocence.

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      holehogg those look awesome!

Looks really good!

Comment

Another international sensation!

Comment

I prefer Fritos because they're Frito-lay. chili and cheese if you please. The others a just copies.

Comment

In HS we called this Gut Busters, but were served with Fritos corn chips. Served every Friday and always sold out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here