Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili Poll: beans or no beans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way. My mom always put beans in her chili growing up but I love a good beanless too. At the moment I really like MH's recipe so that's what I've made the last couple times.

Comment

Frankly speaking, I use beans and rice, and sometimes even spaghetti, to stretch my chili. Anything that makes chili last longer and spread the taste out is good, IMO.

And when I say spaghetti, I don't mean that Cincinnati style, with cinnamon and allspice. I mean just chili, but over spaghetti, with lots of cheese.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Frank? You mean Frank and beans, that’s ok to.

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        You can put 'em in your chili, too, y'know.

At least a poll that wasn’t rigged, cuz, when there are beans involved, I don’t give a rip. Remember, chili, cloudily (new word maybe) might have got its start from goulash & the Germans. Whatever’s in it is OK with me. Or, to quote Huskee , "it is what it is", yowza!

Comment

I didn't give it a lot of though before this question was posed, but if I'm making chili for a main dish I usually use beans. If it's a side dish then I usually don't. How's that for a solid answer!!?

Comment

Love me some beans!

Comment

This is anonymous, right?

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              😀😀

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't even think about it....

Either way. Grew up with red kidney beans in chili. Now, if it has beans, I prefer pinto. To me, it is more important to try different chili recipes than to worry about the beans.

Comment

For me putting beans in your chili is like boiling your ribs before putting them in the smoker!

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!!!

Sorry Texans here's last night's chili courtesy of my wife and it was excellent!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0835.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	454836

Comment

• andy.wpg
                andy.wpg commented
                Editing a comment
                Mudkat: I just blame my wife. "YOU wanted chili!"

• BBQ_Steve-O
                BBQ_Steve-O commented
                Editing a comment
                Compliments to the Mrs! That looks delicious!!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                BBQ_Steve-O. It was! Not draining the ground round makes it delectable. In not a huge chili fan but this is special, but I also LOVE black
                beans.

Chili with. Chile without.

Comment

I like it either way. I almost always add beans tho. And I'll vary what type I use; dark red kidney, black, or pinto.

Comment

Beans. No beans if on a hotdog. Now if we're talking hotdogs, I like mine Carolina style...All The Way!

Comment

I do not put beans in my chili. But I do like chili con carne on occasion.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
                      Hulagn1971 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is that with rice. That's how my Mom fixed it growing up.

• lonnie mac
                      lonnie mac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah! I make my chili pie with rice. Man, there is NOTHING better than chili and rice!

My explanation on my ‘picky’ vote is that I hate kidney beans. So I’m very partial to black and pinto beans in chilli.

Comment

Whats Chili?

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A restaurant next door to Abblebee's and a country south of Santiago.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here