Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chile Verde.... my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chile Verde.... my way

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB24C0F6-6C09-44DC-BE66-D47F255F56CB.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	426698Click image for larger version

Name:	BF4797BB-E799-4BDD-BC5F-65BB22447A58.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	426697 Some time ago out of necessity
    i started cooking my chile in a convection oven. At the time I had no cook top. Only an oven. So I decided to try cooking my chile in an oven. I’ll never go back now. Click image for larger version

Name:	9CCB3D5E-8AA5-49C8-8097-7A39094F8A80.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	426694Click image for larger version

Name:	C43A427E-D46D-48CE-BBD7-288CD6239B40.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	426695Click image for larger version

Name:	AE35A489-1230-41C0-AB85-A1CCAE551821.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	426696
    Attached Files

That looks fantastic. Are you in a bakery?

Would you please share a little of other ingredients and process? I can smell the green from here.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Can you give us any more than you like cooking it in an oven. I love chili verde but often times order it with chicken instead... use steak with chili Colorado

Comment

Yeah I want that recipe! Wow!

Comment

At work now will post again later

Comment

That looks really good.

Comment

Necessity is the mother of invention. I went the oven route for making beef stew for a church crowd some years ago, even though I did have a conventional commercial stove. I seared the meat in strips on the flat top before cutting into bite size pieces. I then put meat, veggies, and stock into deep hotel pans, covered them, and cooked in the convection oven, pulling them out and stirring intermittently. It sure beat dealing with big stock pots on the cook top.

Comment

Wonderful Chile Verde! Ditto on the request to post the recipe/process.

Comment

That’s absolutely right! Just don’t forget their in there

Comment

My wife and I own a restaurant in Sacramento called Nopalitos. Just celebrated the restaurants 25th anniversary in April this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	2DE6FAE1-AC60-42EC-ABF7-E535B0FE8DFF.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	426860 we do have bakery items too!
                      kinda of an eclectic bunch o stuff

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congratulations on yer 25th!
                        Many more to ya'!

After this and the carnitas post: When is your cook book coming out? I want to buy several.👍🏻

Comment

So, Other ingredients....
                        In the photos, we see Three kinds of chiles.
                        Poblano 10lbs
                        Jalapeno 4lbs
                        Serrano 2.5lbs
                        mixed with,
                        onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, and salt. I do adjust the amounts of chiles sometimes when they get too hot
                        My recipe uses 60lbs of pork cushion meat diced in 1/2" cubes.

Comment

Great pictures, that looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe and congrats on 25 years!

Comment

Gracias por todo, senor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here