Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW your guests -- Raspberry Chipotle Black Bean Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW your guests -- Raspberry Chipotle Black Bean Dip

Do you really want to WOW your guests? Try this crowd favorite. I've been making it for 10 years and I get rave reviews every time!

Ingredients
    • Two cans of black beans
    • 1 bottle of Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (You can typically find this in the gourmet sauce aisle (kinda near the bbq sauces and salad dressings)
    • 1 package of cream cheese (the thick stuff you unwrap). Don't use whipped cream cheese!
    • 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
    • 1 "bunch" of green onions
    You'll need a 12"x9" or a 9"x9" ceramic pan. I prefer the 9x9 because the 12x9 is too spread out.

Drain the juice from the black bean cans. (If you want to put the beans thru a food processor to smash the beans, that works too. I'm too lazy, so I just put the drained black beans in the pan.) Pour the drained black beans into a pan.

Spread the cream cheese on top of the black beans. This is very difficult to layer, so I just mix it all up, and it tastes just fine. If you layer it, good for you!

Then add about 1/2 bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce spread on top of the beans and cream cheese. (But, don't use more than 2/3 of the bottle, as sometimes it makes the dip "gloppy").

Sprinkle one bag of shredded cheddar cheese on top.

Cook at 400 degrees, for about 20 minutes. You'll know it's done when the dip is "bubbling" a little on the outside of the pan.

Take it out of the oven, and put the chopped green onions on top. Do not bake the green onions, as this will turn the green onions brown. The green onions will give it some additional color and flavor.

Serve with Tostito chips, and wait for the compliments to come in!

Thanks for sharing! This sounds awesome. Anything with double the cream cheese is alright with me.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      The combo flavors in it make people wonder before they try it. THEN they ask for the recipe.

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re welcome!

IMHO, anything that has raspberry chipotle in it has to be good!

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Who’da thunk?

Sounds good to me! I like the raspberry touch with the chipotle. That's what makes it stand out.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the best dip at every party!

This looks wonderful. It is now on the To Make List.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a must-make!

Do you know the brand of the sauce, or where you bought it? I checked locally tonight and couldn't find anything like it. The dip sounds great, and I have everything but the sauce.

Comment

Great question! I use any I can get my hands on. I mostly use Bronco Bobs because it’s easy to find. I also looked this up on amazon: "Stonewall Kitchen Gluten-free Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce, 11 Ounce" That works well and maybe you could get it shipped to you.

I’ve found various brands at local grocery stores, World Market, Fresh Market, and Earth Fare. Sounds like others say you can find it at Costco.

badf00d

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        And it’s always in the BBQ sauce section or salad dressing section of a grocery store.

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I'm sure someone around here has some brand of this stuff.

Very cool, can’t wait to try it!

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude, the recipe rocks. I’ve passed it out to dozens over the years. Been making it for about 10 years. It’s really my first foray into cooking. I’m much better now and don’t get intimidated by a simple dip 😃

Might I impose by askin' fer th' weight/volume of yer 'bag o' shredded cheddar cheese', Scott?
      I don't wanna screw this up.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        I never paid attention. But, this recipe can’t be screwed up by the amount of cheese. Just cover the top of it with cheese. If you like more cheese than the average bear, go for it. I normally add cheese on top, get almost all the way to the end of the bag, but the dip is covered. Awww, what the heck... I just add the rest of the bag.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        scottranda, that is jus' th' amount I prefer, as well! Thanks fer yer reply!

Reckon this will work?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	426949
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	426950

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe. All the ones I use always say raspberry chipotle. Get it a shot?

Well shoot, that looks good!

Comment

Dang it. I bought some of these and got home and I saw that it isn’t raspberry flavored. Duh. I searched my supermarket and even went to the deli and contacted my "source" looking for it. No luck. They had it listed on the stores website but when I looked, not that flavor. Maybe I could use some raspberry jam or jelly. I did find some salsa flavored stuff. I can mix it together and serve it Saturday at my neighbors whom I will be cooking a smoked turkey and ham for his party. I’ll let them be my little test subjects if I can’t find it before then.

Comment

I've had a jar of the raspberry chipotle sauce for a while not knowing what to do with it, so I was already interested in this recipe. Then I ask what we are in charge of for Christmas, and I hear, "well we don't have a dip yet." Score! Can't wait to make it

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Score!! Let me know!!

Made this today for a Christmas lunch, and everyone loved it!!! Super easy and incredibly delicious. Thanks so much for sharing this gem. It’s a keeper for sure!!

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            YES! I’m so glad everyone loved it. Told ya!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here