Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Cheese Sammies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, looks like I have a lot of grilled cheese to make. I appreciate all the suggestions but damn, they all sound so good that I'm going to be living on them until mid 2017.

Comment

Hummm....they all sound the same to me, bread, cheese and butter 😊

Comment

I just recently discovered a VERY good Grilled Cheese/pulled pork sandwich at a little drive in in Jackson, Missouri.
        Wibs Drive In.
        They serve a pulled pork sandwich that is slathered with home made pimento cheese.
        They start with a grilled cheese/pulled pork/home made pimento cheese (with a touch of BBQ sauce) and then flatten it out with a Panini press.
        First time I have ever seen pulled pork sandwich offered with the ''inside'' OR the ''outside''.
        It was a surprisingly good combination and seems to be a local favorite. When I walked in for lunch there was a BIG pile of them setting ready in the window. 30 minutes later they were all gone.
        https://www.zomato.com/jackson-mo/wi...n-jackson/menu
        Last edited by Cheef; November 29, 2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          So a pulled pork panini .... not a grilled cheese.... sounds good though

More of a grilled cheese than a pulled pork. The cheese kind of outweighed the pulled pork. Kind of surprising how filling it was for it's size.
        I'm not a big fan of pimento cheese but somehow between the pork and the touch of bbq sauce it all balanced out.

Comment

A close friend of mine dropped this off this afternoon. He works "there". It's aged 10 mos & All I have to do is turn it into a Sammie. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	246065

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yummmm! I need cheese and meat friends.

That pic reminds me of my grandpa's house. He would hang the provolone cheese in his basement....the more oil that dripped out, the sharper the cheese gets. Mmmmmm

back to the grilled cheese, my wife uses LOW heat and a lid on a pan, buttered oatmeal bread and American cheese. Using the lid and low heat makes the cheese inside sooooo gooey and so delicious. It's the only way my kids like it now.

Hmmmm, that makes me think...low heat is great for a lot of different cooking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here