Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nephew texted me: left some shrooms on your porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew texted me: left some shrooms on your porch

Sure enough there were a few pounds of chanterelles out there. What a great kid. He started smoking meats now too on my old Orion smoker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190914_200552.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	743683

Mondo Kewl, Brother!
    I'm lookin forward to seein more of his work!

Comment

I thought they were gonna be psychedelic shrooms 🤣

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty close but not quite. Psilocybin mushrooms tend to have a thinner stalk then chantrelles. When you break the stem and it turns purple, you know you got the real McCoy. They grow wild here. Tried them a couple of times in my youth but saw a friend end up in the emergency room so decided to stick to conventional tea.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman Plus, if you watched Baretta back in the '70's, some kid or kids died eating them so that was enough for me.

I think I might be your nephews long lost other uncle! I'll send him the address of my porch.

Comment

Cha Ching!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Make sure to show us the end results of those sweet little jewels.

Comment

You have a great nephew. Make sere you treat him well.

Comment

What do you have planned for said mushrooms? I’ve come to really enjoy the flavor these provide. Took me some time to appreciate mushrooms......my mom still makes comments about it as I wouldn’t touch them when I was a kid!

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure yet, I'm kicking around a few ideas, but I might have some mushroom toast for breakfast.

fantastic, I also look forward to seeing what you do with these.

Comment

Nice, chanterelles are some of my favorites

Comment

Mushroom toast for breakfast

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190915_102302~3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	743944

Comment

I have often thought that I should learn how to be a mushroom hunter. Just not this time of year. Too many people who shoot deer on sound, and I don't own land.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's a lot if fun. You get a hike and hopefully dinner too. This is the time of year for mushroom hunting.

By the way, that's a nice hard cheese there, what variety?

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's Parmigiano-Reggiano. I always keep some in my cheese drawer

Chanterelle, bacon, parsley, and herbed goat cheese stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190917_194148.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	744888

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190917_195639.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	744889

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190917_200203.jpg Views:	1 Size:	528.1 KB ID:	744887
                      Last edited by Attjack; September 18, 2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                        Sweaty Paul commented
                        Editing a comment
                        THAT looks delicious. I’m officially hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here