Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you smoke horseradish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you smoke horseradish?

I was thinking as long as my prime rib was on the Traegar for 4 hours, can I actually smoke the horseradish root along with it, then peel, grate to make a sauce. Need an answer ASAP! The PR goes on Christmas Day!

Yes you can :-) However, you’re gonna have to add some fat to the sauce for the flavor to bloom.

Comment

Put it in cold and maybe dampen the surface and it should pick up some smoke. You can cut it into a couple of pieces if you want more surface area - I don't recommend that though. It shouldn't take long either - half hour should be plenty IMO.

Comment

• JoanieNoBaloney
        JoanieNoBaloney commented
        Editing a comment
        So, peeled then? Thanks BTW

How long? And just some olive oil (for fat), you think? I usually grate it with sour cream, fresh lemon juice + rind, splash worcestershire and fresh chives.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe try a dash of wine to the olive oil.

Yes. Peeled.

Comment

Aaaaand my first thought was sure, but I don't know if it will make you high...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment

• Black99vette
          Black99vette commented
          Editing a comment
          Plus it is hard to keep it lit

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here