Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman slammed for salad dressing, I think it looks pretty good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman slammed for salad dressing, I think it looks pretty good!

I only know of these people peripherally, I have no comment on her or her family: I don’t care.

But this salad dressing looks excellent!

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...ng-recipe.html

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/0...essing-recipe/

Sounds like a perfectly fine, an tasty dressin, to me.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, what he said :-)

The article said "Heart attack and high sodium" she was slammed for. It's only 30grams that have any sodium.

its a vinaigrette and that amount should feed about 20 people.

I think people are just haters on her.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea haters suck !!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4

Aaaaa the old olive oil, Dijon mustard, soy, honey, lemon, thyme, pepper dressing !!! Never heard of it ......

Comment

There must be something more behind the hate than that recipe. That, or we are hearing from those who think blanched pine needle dressed with water is high cuisine.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        It's people with too much time on their hands, who also watch way too much "reality" show TV. The internet is the perfect place for them to blast out their ignorance to the world.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It Sounds To Me Like My "CUZ" Has Stirred Your Panties Into A Bunch❓ First Mosca Quotes "Fake News",
        HouseHomey, Purports To Be An Expert In Salination❓ Then Mr. Bones ,"CUZ" Quotes Some Forgotten Dyslexic German❓ All In The Name Of "QUE"❓ What The Whata❓
        From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo Nd, Dan

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Mornin, Sunshine! Danjohnston949 !
          I ain't stirrin nuthin, I suwannee!
          Ain't my nature...
          Hope yer mendin well, Cuz!
          Much love an prayers, from here, to Eunice, an yerself!
          <EDIT>: My dang bad, in my haste, fergot Th Sh**bird Mutts, Lena, an Belle.
          Please, do apologize, on my behalf, to em?
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2018, 09:26 AM.

Imagine if she suggested to use Sous Vide!! LOL
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	545817

Comment

I get that the whole idea of even reporting on it is part of what I call "the outrage machine", which is a function of the 24 hour news cycle. But, TWO TABLESPOONS OF SOY SAUCE in a bottle of salad dressing equals too much salt????? Ridiculous.

I'm going to make the damn dressing, it is most likely awesome.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I'm saying.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you should live dangerously and put 3 WHOLE TABLESPOONS of soy in the recipe...come on live large !!!!

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. Making it tonight.

The era of (anti-) Social Media. I don't know if it turns people ugly, or simply frees up the ugliness that already resides in some, but I discontinued any and all use of it. BTW, that salad dressing looks pretty good to me, and even if it didn't I wouldn't bash the woman over the head for it. Sheesh people, scroll on past.

Comment

• PappyBBQ
            PappyBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            People post like they drive - with their brains in their back pockets. I was always taught if you don't have something nice to say shut your dang pie hole! As to the salad dressing, sounds good though I would substitute amino acids for the soy as I have to cut sodium where ever I can.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the analogy PappyBBQ

Sign me up for some of that dressing!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here