Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn on the cob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn on the cob.

It's time for fresh corn!

I don't remember seeing this posted here in the past, but if you like to microwave your corn, the video is worth a look. Basically, you just microwave the corn as you normally would, but in the husks. When it's done, cut off the big end and slide the corn out. There will be almost no silks left on the corn.

Love this method, been doing if for years, since I hate shucking. I will then put the ears on a hot grill to brown slightly and reheat if doing this in advance.

Comment

Been microwaving veggies via Kenji for quite some time but never tried this with corn !! Will have to give it a go !!!

Comment

I assume you can do many ears at once by adjusting the cook time and of course limited to the size of your microwave?

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes - you just have to figure out how much time for "X" ears of corn.

Nice hack.

Comment

I husk or buy them already husked. Then put them on smoke for 20-45 minutes at a low temperature. Then take em out, rub them with coconut oil, and season with red curry powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Don’t need much seasonings really, it’s a "to taste" thing. I don’t exactly measure. Then wrap em in foil and put them back in the smoker to finish. Or throw them on the gas grill to rapidly finish.

Comment

I throw corn in the husk on the sear side, turn over a couple times, and cut the end and squeeze just like the microwave hack (using welding gloves). I've usually got Monsanto genetically modified GMO-gold medal corn in the fridge all summer.

I use Irish Butter (just a bit - it's rich) and ground cinnamon - my favorite way.

(Monsanto is headquartered in STL).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here