Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Cinnamon Pineapple... yes, really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Cinnamon Pineapple... yes, really

And now for something totally different (I think). Saw a reference to this in a fancy magazine and thought,,,,hey I could do that. Smoked Cinnamon Pineapple. Really. Mix pineapple juice and lots of cinnamon in a small sauce pan. Reduce by about half. Cut the outside off a fresh pineapple or two, leave part of the top as a handle. Sprinkle as much dry cinnamon on the pineapple as it will hold, place in the smoker, baste every now and then. Slice and serve with ice cream, whipped cream, apple pie whatever. First reaction from most people is "what in the world is in my mouth". Second reaction is usually "Hey, give me some more". Click image for larger version

Name:	20180630_120823.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	526167

STEALING!! Thanks!!

Comment

Gosh, that sounds good. Thanks!

Kathryn

Comment

Ho that looks good! Reminds me of Malcom's Fireball Pineapple.

Comment

• T-bone
          T-bone commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely trying that on my Napoleon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5429E8-C372-43BC-B074-AFF505FA6BD4.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	526282 I did some twice recently. The first one I cut off the top and bottom and skin, then cut into eighths lengthwise then cut those in half, coated with cinnamon and brown sugar and grilled on high heat till sugar carmelized, about 10 minutes. Turned often. The next time I did them as an appeteaser for wife and I. Did the same as above but did not cut them in half and put skewers in them. Don’t forget to soak the skewers. Don’t ask. Also in the picture is grilled watermelon. Dry brine with kosher salt about an hour, wipe off salt, pat dry, spritz with olive oil, grill on high till soft (just a few minutes turning often). This can also be done on a whole slice. Mmmmm!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here