Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do They Do It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do They Do It?

I recently had slaw from 4Rivers, a BBQ chain here in Florida. Their slaw was fantastic. One of the things that made it so was the way the cut up the cabbage. It was cut very fine and the pieces were uniform. It wasn't shredded in any way, like you find when someone uses a food processor to cut cabbage. What are they using to cut their cabbage this way?

I use a mandoline.

Comment

They could have used a food processor. Most have a slicing disc and not just a shredding disk.

On mine, the slicing disk can be adjusted so the thickness of the cut can be adjusted from 1mm-6mm.

Or they could use a food/meat slicer or a mandoline.

Comment

You can do amazing things with just a hand grater. Growing up in NC in the 50’s and 60’s I remember the cole slaw in tiny pieces. Asked the man at the Clam Box in Aberdeen how it did it, and he pulled out a hand grater.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here