Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sever's Grilled Country Corn Casserole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sever's Grilled Country Corn Casserole

This is a family favorite and I wanted to share it with you all.

Ingredients:
    1/3 Cup of Butter (More if you want and NO margarine!)
    3 ears of fresh sweet corn on the cob
    1/2 cup Chopped green, red and yellow pepper
    1 tsp. basil leaves
    1/2 tsp Kosher salt (Sometimes I use a smoked salt here)
    1 med ripe tomato, cut into 1/2 cubes
    1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

Start by grilling the corn over a direct fire on a charcoal grill. I like to cover the cob in oil or mayo, before grilling but this is optional. Rotate the corn frequently until charred in spots, all around cob. About 8-10 mins. Then remove from the fire.

In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter. Cut the corn off the cob, add the sweet corn, basil and peppers to the sauce pan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until veggies are crispy tender (10 to 12 minutes) Remove from heat. Stir in tomato and parsley. Cover, let stand for 1 minute or until tomato is heated through. Makes about 4 servings.

If you make it, let me know what you think. Or make some tweaks to make it work for you.

Keep the smoke rollin'

Sounds good! Thanks for posting

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      DW, I know you will like this one. I thought of you when I was posting this one.

Another recipe in the pile - thanx.

Comment

Is that dried or fresh basil? I am assuming dried.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You can use either one. Fresh is always the best. IMHO

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You're Welcome! I hope you enjoy it.

That sounds awesome!! We love sweet corn....duh we live in Southern Illinois...Ha. Anyway, when you cut the kernels off the cob run the back of your knife Bach over where you cut the kernels off. Called milking the cob, that corn milk is like liquid gold!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Full of sugar! So good. I should add that. Here in Minnesota, that technique is implied.

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        We even boil the cob when making corn chowder...😂. Gotta get every last drop.

Sounds good! Is that 1/2 cup of each color of pepper or 1/2 cup total? Also, I gotta believe some minced onion would be good?

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Half a cup of peppers total. I have added shallots, and they are very good. Give it a try and let me know what you think. i would love to hear what you guys think about this recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here