Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a Vegetarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Vegetarian

I'm not turning into a vegetarian but someone gave my Wife a spiralizer for her Birthday. We had to try it out for supper tonight. Spiralized zucchini and sliced green pepper & onion. All was stir fried for just a few minutes so veggies stayed crisp. Served it with red sauce and parmesan on the side. Next time we will include a pork chop, chicken beast, or salmon as a main dish and these veggies as a side. It was very good. Click image for larger version

Name:	Spiralized Zucchini with Sliced Onions and Peppers.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	385960

You better hold to your word Skip, or there will be trouble. 💣 💥 ⚡️ 👀

Comment

That looks great Skip! Nicely done!

Comment

An oldie, I know:

Vegetarian: noun, old Indian word for poor hunter.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Along with 'Cows and pigs eat vegetables, I eat cows and pigs, so that makes me a vegetarian.'

I will admit the Zoodles aren't too bad...

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          There it is, HouseHomey! It must be a combination of the two words noodle and zucchini.

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey and Henrik , yes it is a play on words. We had them a number of times this year when they were in season. I enjoyed them as a nice change of pace but man they can cook down.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't figure that out. No surprise there.

Nice cook. No explaining needed. : )

Comment

Skip. Skip. Skip. Come back to the light. Can you see me. Can you see me. We're here for you. Please remember, pulled pork, ribs, brisket. Don't you remember????

Comment

Don't worry skip... an occasional vegetarian dish can be acceptable... now if you would have said vegan then we may have had a problem.

Comment

Yes Nate, veganarianism is way out there.

Comment

easy, now, Cowboy.... simmer down , some...
                It'll be a'ight, Brother, there ain't a blessed thing wrong with chokin' down some vegetables, especially if'n yer forced to!!!

Jus' kiddin, loves me a great salad, I use enough meat, cheese, an' dressin' to permanently drown out th' screamin' of th' veggies...seems more humane, somehow, that way lol!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

That's how I like my Tofurkey. 😀 Looks respectable though. I can see anyone remotely liking veggies wanting one of those.

I'd almost eat that.

Comment

I thought my post might ignite a few fun comments. Ha ha ha! This will be another way to use up some of those many many zucchini that seem to find a way to our kitchen counter in late summer. You all have my word------from now on this will be served as a side with some protein as a main dish! Lol!!

Comment

This topic is cracking me up. Thanks, you all, for starting my day with several grins and giggles as I read through it.

I have a spiralizer too, but to me it's sort of like the current coloring book fad. I guess I don't mind spending the time once in a while in such an activity, but I don't know what to do with the result when I'm done.

It's fun to spiralize a veggie, but to pretend it's pasta is just too much of a stretch for me.

Kathryn

Comment

• Skip
                        Skip commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree. IT'S NOT PASTA--nor is mashed cauliflower-potatoes!!!

• Kevin Fuess
                        Kevin Fuess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Amen!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here