Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The pepper fairy paid a visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pepper fairy paid a visit

Thursday morning, I get my cup of Joe and a Marlboro and head out to the stoop to enjoy some peace and quiet before the hustle and bustle of the day gets to rolling. I had left my folding chair out all night. In the seat I find these....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_073926.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	384177

It turns out the cleaning lady really loves the smell of the Que lingering in my room. (I also try to keep her work to a minimum).

I'm thinking the japs will end up in some cornbread and guac. The bananas will likely get some cheese loving. The pablano ... maybe some Chorizo and onion? Undecided really. The habenero... probably to much heat for me.

Well, bless that cleanin' lady's heart, fer bein' so sweet!
    Am I to take it correctly, that there might be some Road BBQ in her not-too-distant future?

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      You know it. I told her to get a little out of the fridge on Monday.

Score!!

Comment

Great gift. Both the poblano and the jalapeño make great poppers, stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this is the way i am going with them, minus the bacon wrap. Do you sweeten the cream cheese? I'm planning on just playing with them tomorrow. A few different cheeses. Chorizo. Onion and garlic maybe. Possibly throws some in breakfast burritos for the week. Won knows... gonna wing it.

• jgreen
        jgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I have always used the cream cheese as is. Not sure how it would be if you sweeten it.

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I love those cream cheese filled fried wontons at the Chinese buffets, and the cream cheese always has a sweetness to it, and little carrot shavings. Ill go without sugar this time.

For the poblanos, Google "Chiles en Nogada". Heavenly dish!

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Not that much work really--and what ingredients do you think you are lacking? The pomegranate seeds are definitely not required, but they seem to me to be the only
        "unusual" ingredient. Trust me, this is a dish worth trying!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Walnuts... but it would be great without them I am sure, and cream. The Ranger is going to be pretty busy today, so I'll likely try this at a later date. I imagine a sour cream sauce would really rock with these.

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Walnuts are pretty central to the dish (noga means walnut in Spanish). Try it sometime when you have walnuts and are feeling adventurous.

Wow, nice! I am happy when they leave Towels, and Coffee.

Comment

Those ought to pep(per) you up.

Comment

That & bacon, what more could one ask for!

"And what would you like kind sir"? "I would like peppers please, all of them".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here