Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No joke fantastic and refreshing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No joke fantastic and refreshing

Pirate Scott Here you go my friend. Delicious.

Island Slaw with Scotch Bonnets, Sesame and Orange Dressing

For the Dressing:

6 oz Mayonnaise (Real Mayo)
    4 oz Sour cream
    8 oz Orange Juice (Good Quality)
    2 oz Vinegar,Rice Wine
    2 oz Lime Juice, Fresh Squeezed
    2 T Black Sesame Seeds
    Salt and Pepper to taste

For the Salad

1 Head Green Cabbage sliced very thin by hand ( like angel hair)
    1 Med Red bell pepper, small dice
    1 Med Yellow bell pepper, small dice
    1 Med Green bell pepper, small dice
    1 Scotch Bonnet, seeded and minced
    1 lrg Mango, medium diced
    2 Bu Green onion, bias cut, sharp angle
    1/4 C Cilantro, chopped

Small dice =1/4" x 1/4", Medium dice= 1/2" x 1/2"

Procedure: Prepare dressing by whisking. Mix in just enough to coat the salad ingredients. Be sure to use only enough to coat. Serve Chilled.

Variations: More or less Scotch Bonnets, acid, sweet peppers or Napa Cabbage. I suggest you try the original first. its a great balance.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; July 1, 2017, 01:24 PM.

That sounds amazing! Thanks!

Comment

Not sure which island that came from but I want to go there. Looks delicious so it already has been copied, pasted and printed.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I don't know either. But give'er a go, even if you half it. Just give it a taste and don't skimp. Limes, Mayo etc...

No worries about skimping, diet, lite or pre anything are not in my vocabulary. And yes, I will follow the recipe to the letter because it does look like a perfect balance. I have to ask though, what is the origin of the recipe? I have spent a lot of time in the islands and Central America and I don't recall eating anything similar. Maybe close.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        It's only called that and was given by my "cold kitchen /Garde Manger" chef in culinary school. The ingredients don't make sense geographiclay but the flavor does. I don't know how else to explain it. The scotch bonnets are delicious and you can totally add more.

Ok, I'm making the original first. Then, gonna try it with ghosts!

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never had ghosts but from what I can tell by other convo it should work.

Thank You Sir! Now I need to find some scotch Bonnets. I wonder if it's to late to find plants. Hmmm... The search begins.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here