Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My slaw dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My slaw dressing

1 c. mayonnaise
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tbsp. white vinegar
    1 tbsp. white grated or pureed horseradish
    1/4 tsp. celery seed

Its best it let the slaw and dressing flavors meld together a few hours chilled before serving

ScottSeebohm, Scott I can almost Taste It! Thanks for Sharing It! I love Horseraddish!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Give it a try ... you'll never use another recipe

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      ScottSeebohm I love horseradish big-time!!! Thanks fer sharin'! Will try soon!!! YUM!!! ;-)))

I like horseradish in mine, too. My favorite is a Southern living one that subs apple cider vinegar fo white vinegar, omits the sugar and adds buttermilk and sour cream. Otherwise I think the results are similar - good if not great. Now I am hungry for slaw.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt, any chance that ya'd share yer recipe? Alla this horseradish talk's got me powerful worked up, an' salivatin' like Pavlov's dogs!!!

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones I'll post it in a few minutes.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt , the recipe you posted doesn't show the substitution of the sugar and has the white vinegar. Do you have another re ope or could you post your substitutions? Sounds great!

We tried this recipe tonight with the ribs, everyone gave it a thumbs up! Thanks for sharing

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you liked it!

Mr. Bones here is the link http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/butt...ing-coleslaw-0

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt many thanks fer postin' that link!!! What amount o' horseradish do ya add t' this, jus' t' gimme a starting point? I tend to use a lot ;-)

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones we use 1/4 cup prepared horseradish.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt , many thanks fer alla yer patient replies!!! I jus' din't too wanna get carried away first try ;-) (Did I mention I loves me some horseradish?) ;-)))

IMO there's just something special about chicken and coleslaw. Yum!

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct
      Along with ribs or pulled pork or......,

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Add roast t' th' list, fer sure! ;-)
      Ad infinitum...

richinlbrg and Mr. Bones and everyone, my bad. My first post was by memory and since we use lots of different Coleslaw recipes I ran two recipes together in my head. Here is the second recipe ink http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/butt...ing-coleslaw-0 I am so sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I'm going to have to add some horseradish to my next batch of sweet and sour slaw. That should be amazing. Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
        ScottSeebohm commented
        Editing a comment
        you bet !

I'm going to try this soon. Love the idea of adding the horseradish. Thanks, ScottSeebohm !

Kathryn

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
        ScottSeebohm commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome
        Enjoy

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here