Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Cole Slaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Cole Slaw

This recipe is very elementary and the technique is what gives it the great flavor. As you can see in the pic there isn't much to it. The only ingredient that is not in the pic is the Kraft Original Mayo.

As you can see in the above pic I started with 1/2 of a medium cabbage. Using my mandolin slicer on the thinnest setting I sliced about 1/2 of the cabbage.

On the same setting I did the onion and then sliced the onion pile in half.

Using the shredder attachment in my other slicer I shredded the carrots. I then put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

I have a special to me fork that I use and I broke it making this batch of Slaw. I can't find another like it and I have been using it for decades and would sure like to find another. I will probably find one at a garage sale but, I don't do yard sales.

And I fluff all the ingredients next. Getting an even mixture.

I then add my salt and pepper and fluff/mix thoroughly to get the salt and pepper evenly mixed in. You are probably wondering about all the fluffing. If you don't and you add your mayo you will get clumps of ingredients and with the mayo sticking things together it will never even out..

Last I add some Mayo. Now mayo is a very personal thing and different folks like different mayos. I like Kraft Original. But there is hellmans, Dukes, Blue Plate, etc and whatever your personal favorite is will give you the best results. That is always subjective. Add the Mayo to get the consistency you desire.

And then transfer into the appropriate size bowl.

Cover and place in the fridge to rest for at least two hours to develop the full flavor. That's it, Simple Cole Slaw, always a hit.

Sometimes I will garnish the top with some celery seed and I am sure there are other garnishes that folks like but, this recipe has never failed me.

LOOKS GOOD! I make mine the same way... cept sometimes I add a pretty good dash of whiskey too

kind of depends if kids will be eating it or not LOL.

Comment

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      If you let it set after you put the dash of whiskey the alcohol will pretty much evaporate and just the flavor is left.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here