Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, THIS looks WAY cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, THIS looks WAY cool!

Just dinking around, surfing whatever catches my eye (and we wonder why we have short attention spans!! LOL!) this is something i stumbled upon and plan to definitely try!

Well, if it were dated 04/01/ . . . instead of 06/22/ . . ., I couldn't have been more entertained. I read the whole thing.

Comment

As a main, it needs some form of umami, so your vegan acquaintance (can you really be friends with them?) can have a real main dish with the full wow. Maybe some fish sauce in the slaw. Or just in a mop after cooking. Yeah, vinegar, rub, fish sauce, chili flake...

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        the vegan acquaintance is generally either one of your own kidlets trying to shock you or worse, their current romantic involvement. for umami, I cook down balsamic vinegar to caramel and add to the mix.

The heck with making it as a burger. It would make an excellent side dish.

Comment

Check this out: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-impo...-up-1465912323

Comment

Does anyone know why Vegans and Vegetarians are always trying to convert you to their way of life?

Because MISERY LOVES COMPANY!

Comment

I know a Vegan that takes a break from it when I cooked pulled pork.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              Bacon is the gateway drug.

• Karon Adams
              Karon Adams commented
              Editing a comment
              does that make us the dealers?

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              I took special delight in firing up the grill last year, and just putting the smoke on while the vegans upstairs (since moved out) were sitting there. They loved the flavor, but never wanted the ribs.

Wonder what Meathead would say about putting a beer can up a cabbage's butt?

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              Likely nothing supportive.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here