Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Ultimate Grilled Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Ultimate Grilled Corn

Made Meathead's Ultimate Grilled Corn today. I have never used tarragon before, and I'm unsure if I prefer it. It's unique, you can't really describe it if you haven't tasted it. It's its own thing for sure. Grilled corn is very very good though, makes it sweeter with the direct heat on the kernels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5296.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	13780

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5299.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	13781

I thought grilled corn werent your thing. Looks tasty. I love the smoky char taste on there. Cool pic of that corn in the box
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 29, 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yeah sometimes the action shots are just as cool as the finished shot.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I thought grilled corn werent your thing. Looks taste to me. I love the smoky char taste on there. Cool pic of that corn in the box

If I can get the corn already cleaned, to the grill, not cleaned, in the microwave.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard thats the way.

What was that quote?? "I'm Corn Holio, I need TP for my bum hole!!"

Comment

We usually boil it, a small slather of butter and salt and, assuming you bought/picked good corn to start with, it's teh yummy. Grilled like this is the first time I've tried it, and I like it. I wouldn't fire my grill up solely for corn, but if it's already hot...

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        hear ya there. I gas a lot of mine.

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
      We usually boil it, a small slather of butter and salt and, assuming you bought/picked good corn to start with, it's teh yummy. Grilled like this is the first time I've tried it, and I like it. I wouldn't fire my grill up solely for corn, but if it's already hot...
      Boiling corn is like boiling ribs! Latest thing I have been doing is microwaving an ear for 3 minutes, in the husk, no trimming. Then cut off the stem end into the first row of kernels or so. Then squeeze the corn out of the husk from the silk end. Usually comes out silk free and ready to eat.

Comment

I always boil my corn for about 5 minutes before grilling or broiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mgaretz View Post
          Boiling corn is like boiling ribs! Latest thing I have been doing is microwaving an ear for 3 minutes, in the husk, no trimming. Then cut off the stem end into the first row of kernels or so. Then squeeze the corn out of the husk from the silk end. Usually comes out silk free and ready to eat.
          It's nothing like boiling ribs, that's a sin. Shuck 'en outside, zero mess in the house.

Comment

I really love corn, but my preferred way of cooking them is fully "sheathed" on direct heat. Yes, leave all the green leaves on, and put them on the grate. Turn often, and when the leaves are almost black/burnt up, remove leaves and eat. I have found that you get that perfect mix of the grill taste, plus maximum juiciness. The leaves keep all the moisture in. Might have to do a separate post about this.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Henrik you find there's still a grilled taste? Seems to me that would essentially make steamed corn, like doing it in an oven or microwave.. Either way, any way you do corn is good if you like corn on the cob!

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, to be honest they are more steamed than grilled...guess I just got tired of my friends serving burnt and dry corn, and wanted to improve the process ☺. A quick char at the end helps. And yes, any way works, I do love corn on the cob!

• The Burn
              The Burn commented
              Editing a comment
              I couldn't eat the ultimate corn I did the other night since I'm off carbs, but it smelled great and the womenfolk loved it. I skipped the tarragon, but did baste with the melted butter on each turn.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here