Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For Apple and Apple Cider Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For Apple and Apple Cider Recipes

Looking for some Apple / Apple cider recipes that are a bit outside of the box. Love me some Apple pie and Apple crisp but a twist on either of these would be greatly appreciated. Also some savory apple dish suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

I was actually considering doing some smoked apple cider in my slow cooker this year. I haven't checked for a recipe, but one of my fondest memories is for summer camp one year we got shipped off to an apple cider farm.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      We are big apple cider fans. Our neighbors have a really nice press and in November the neighborhood gets together for a day of cider making and eating. Looking forward to that Saturday which is coming up soon.

One of my Fav's:

Equal parts Apple, Onion, Sweet Potato
    • Slice thin w/ Food Processor
    • Par Boil Sweet Potato
    2 tblsp oil on Flat Top Gridle (or Large cast iron skillet)
    Add Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cumin to taste

Think Home Fries...turn frequently

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      onion? you have my attention

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessir
      Onion, I like Red, SWMBO likes Vidalia, so I cut a Vidalia into qtrs,. and feed the food processor....

Hard cider -- add some winemakers yeast to a bottle of cider, add a little sugar if you want to make it stronger, replace cap with an airlock, wait.

Comment

I have two for you: Soft Apple Cider Caramels (sweet) AND All Day Pork Shoulder with Apple Cider (Savory). Both recipes are on my cooking/crafting blog and if I put the links in correctly, you should be able to click easily

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        The pork shoulder with apple looks delicious. Have you ever done it in a pan on a smoker?

• skipsdaughter
        skipsdaughter commented
        Editing a comment
        ssandy_561 I haven't but I imagine that would be fantastic!

Cider braised turnips with bacon is one I do.

Cut bacon into lardons, sautee until semi-crisp/crisp, remove and drain
      peel and cut turnips into whatever size you like and sear in leftover bacon fat
      deglaze with cider, cover and cook till almost done
      remove turnips to plate
      add cold butter to reduced cider to make a sauce
      pour over turnips and sprinkle bacon on top

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here